Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of approximately 700 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 26,500 people.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world's current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
- Work closely with Global Supply Chain Legal Team to implement key initiatives to standardize and simplify legal support on supply chain business, including but not limited to:
- To assist in the implementation of the Global Supply Chain Contracting Guidelines and other global policies;
- To support the implementation and localization of the existing global supply chain contract templates and develop more specific templates based on business needs and procurement practice in US Geo-zone;
- To support the standardization of contract lifecycle management process and the enhancement of Supply Chain Contracts Central or any other processes to be developed; and
- To conduct Legal and Contracts Training to supply chain teams in US Geo-zones and to improve their awareness and understanding of supply chain contracts and other legal concepts.
- Provide overall legal support on supply chain matters in US Geo-zones, including legal review and negotiation of various types of contracts, provide advices on any supply chain related legal and regulatory issues.
- Work with Associate General Counsel to provide trainings to Global Supply Chain to facilitate their understanding and implementation of applicable legal templates and policies/procedures.
- Collaborate with litigation counsels to advise and resolve any supply chain related disputes.
- Promote compliance within the Global Supply Chain Organization in accordance with Weatherford's policies and procedures and applicable laws.
- Keep abreast of relevant statutory legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct legal research and work on other projects that may be assigned by Associate General Counsel - Global Supply Chain, on a case by case basis.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
- J.D degree
- Admission to the bar in one state of U.S.A.
- A minimum of 4 years of post-qualification experience gained either at a law firm or multinational company with commercial legal experience
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Strong communication skills
- A strong set of general legal skills, in contracts drafting, review and negotiation
- A good team player
- Good business acumen
- strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of supply chain and manufacturing activities
- Understanding of oilfield equipment and/or services
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. We may be a large company, but we empower our team to create fresh ideas that challenge convention and break the status quo. Our employees are the key to driving our growth and success. Everywhere we operate, they are inspired to develop new and efficient ways of raising the bar to meet the needs of an evolving industry and solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
At Weatherford, you will work in an exciting, high-energy environment where we are making groundbreaking, award-winning advancements in oilfield technology. The opportunity to explore your potential is limitless.
Visit www.weatherford.com/careers to learn more.