Company: NES Global Talent
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Westside, Iowa, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The Senior Financial Accountant is responsible for ensuring the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions. With policy guidance, the role requires evaluation and judgement on information and data to ensure financials statements properly reflect the financial position of the company. The Senior Financial Accountant will be expected to aid executive staff in analyzing the financial performance of the company through financial reporting and metrics while ensuring compliance with internal controls and guidelines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for all aspects of monthly, quarterly and annual closings, such as monthly accruals and cost allocations
• Prepares monthly account reconciliations and bank reconciliations
• Reviews and provides account coding of invoices
• Reviews and processes employee expense reports
• Supports bank covenant reporting
• Provides support to the annual external audit, such as the preparation of audit schedules
• Responsible for the sales and use tax accounting; includes monthly/quarterly to the states and parish
• Responsible for the state and regulatory reporting
• Participates in the annual budget process
• Acts as a backup to treasury activities
• Provides support to the ERP implementation project
• Other corporate accounting duties as assigned
Qualifications & KSAs:
-Bachelor's Degree in Finance, or Accounting from an accredited institution required. -CPA certification required.
-10+ years of accounting experience, preferably in the chemical or energy industry
-Working level knowledge of intercompany accounting
-Time coding allocations
-Understand loan agreement covenants and reporting requirements
-ERP knowledge (SAP, Peoplesoft, Infor, etc)
-Chemical / Manufacturing with understanding of Inventory accounting
Skills & Abilities:
-Proficiency in MS Office required.
-Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to influence all levels of the organization.
-Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Treasury management - proactively manages banking products such as funding requests, covenant reporting compliance, and letters of credit.
-Strong analytical skills
-Ability to work independently.
-Demonstrates a "can-do" positive attitude.
-Ability to work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
-Excellent organizational skills
-Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee often is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.