JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Review and monitor plant operation/processes for optimizing quality and production of products meeting required data specifications. Including but not limited to responsibility of the technician is to work safely, have good trouble shooting skills on mechanical equipment (natural gas internal combustion engines, natural gas compressors, electrical and pneumatic controls, pumps, and control equipment.
- Install equipment such as pumps, motors, and valves and perform general maintenance when needed.
- Operation of cryogenics plant, stabilizer, amine and glycol treatment systems
- Performing minor maintenance on compressors
- Collecting data readings and monitoring plant equipment
- Truck loading and unloading.
- Act as relief operator as needed.
- Technician will also be required to perform certain PSM functions and activities.
- Perform routine shutdowns and startup of equipment and perform emergency procedures when required.
- Minimum of 2 years of related midstream work experience.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
- Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- Regular and reliable attendance
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- 3+ year experience in the industry or knowledge of plant operations.
- Has a good understanding of utilizing horsepower and compression.
- Warehouse knowledge and mechanical aptitude a plus
- Able to troubleshoot equipment failures and process failures.
- Process Safety Management knowledge.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.