Skills: Control Room Operations
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Carlsbad, New Mexico, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Cultivate a Strong Safety Culture
- Complete mandatory training and HES leadership engagements.
- Assist in developing Emergency Response processes for HES support.
- Work with field operations teams to ensure safety and environmental concerns are addressed.
- Data Management / Business Tools
- Monitor transmitters, safety devices and field equipment. Provide real time feedback and diagnostics to field personnel.
- Perform data validation, analysis, and reporting for the operations team. Ensure that data integrity is high to provide a firm basis for decision making.
- Serve as a central point of contact and information center for Operations personnel and field related activity.
- Function as primary field contact for oil, water, and gas sales.
- Manage automated reports needed by management; identify and develop additional tools and reports as needed.
- Drive engagement with other Permian business groups to ensure strong working relationships.
- Interact and share ideas with production team to drive efficiencies and reduce operating costs.
- Communicate often with field operators and production supervisors to confirm we are effectively supporting their team and providing value where most needed.
- Work with Dashboard Development Team on ideas and enhancements. Provide use case scenarios to support development ideas.
- Provide training to various personnel on the tools utilized in the Control Room.
- Actively collaborate and foster relationships with other Control Room operators on all shifts and hitches.
- Develop cross asset relationships with Marathon peers.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 2+ years in an oil and gas field operations based position
• Experience analyzing well performance for tight, unconventional reservoirs
• Motivated to drive efficiencies and learn new technologies
• Willingness to embrace change and act as a catalyst as behaviors shift across the asset
• Ability to execute in an environment with competing priorities
• Ability to leverage technology and guide process and systems discussions
• Ability to make well informed decisions in a fast paced work environment
• Ability to communicate in a positive, respectful and effective manner to both field and office personnel regarding technical and business related needs
• Microsoft Office Products, eVIN, SCADA/Wonderware and LOWIS proficiency. WellView and Spotfire familiarity is a plus
• Ability to work 12hr. shifts in an office environment with the potential for a rotating day/night hitch schedule
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Carlsbad || NM || United States (US) || Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Field and Drilling Operations || Not Applicable || || 29974 ||
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.