Job Description This role can be based in Beijing, Shanghai or Guangzhou
To deliver on the Shell Health's business objectives:
- Implement Group direction, strategy and standards for health and hygiene
- Support Shell Health (SH) global initiatives in health and hygiene eg Health Risk Management, OEL, medical surveillance, etc.
- Review and audit the HSSE Control Framework health manuals when required
- Support the business to comply with Group Health policies and local legislature
Single point accountability for industrial hygiene consultancy services to all Shell business in East Asia including South Korea, Japan, Mainland China and HK, Taiwan
- Upstream: conventional & unconventional gas, onshore/offshore, drilling rig/ manufacture plants
- P&T, labs and contracted vessels construction site,
- Downstream: Gasoline Retails, Lubricants, Bitumen, Refinery, Chemical, storage tank farm, T&S,
- Offices in cities
- Shell Joint venture (JV) enterprises if required
Support country health staff to evaluate changes in local health/hygiene legislation and assessing compliance needs
Assuring quality of industrial hygiene support to Shell businesses in East AsiaInternal interfaces
Local, Regional and Global Health staff, East Asia plants/sites managers, HSE managers/focal pointsExternal interfaces
Local and global peers at inter-industry, academic, governmental, national regulatory, and NGO level Complexity
- The complexity of the position is determined by:
- The need to have in-depth and in-breadth knowledge of a broad industrial hygiene field
- The requirement for considerable professional, leadership and management skills, eg. ability to deal with local tensions, communicating and interacting with various professionals (doctors, process engineers, maintenance engineers, HSE staff, HR practitioners, governmental officials)
- The need to provide quality service to businesses of diverse occupational hazards (Logistics, drilling wells, bitumen, etc)
- The necessity to have sufficient helicopter view to look beyond professional boundaries at health/hygiene issues in the context of the Group, its stakeholders, and its business environment
- Deliver agreed services using standardised tools and processes
- Provide guidance on industrial hygiene for facilities such as hygiene monitoring strategies, methodology, training to comply with Shell corporate standards and local legislation
- Provide information, technical expertise and advice for corporate Health in formulation of policies, standards and guides
- Audit, conduct and review of health risk management
- Work with businesses to implement the Shell HSSE Control Framework and related Group standards and processes in a cost-effective manner, such as:
- Plan, audit, conduct, follow up and review of health risk assessments
- Work with businesses to assure quality of external hygiene consultancy and analysis services
Shell's story in China dates back more than 100 years. At Shell China we will make sure that your ideas will travel. All of Shell's core businesses are now represented in China. We need world-class candidates to continue our drive to innovate and answer the world's energy needs in socially and environmentally responsible ways.Requirements
- Degree in Engineering or Science (Chemical, Physics or Biology), Health Sciences, Industrial/Occupational Hygiene, Master of Public Health (MPH)
- More than 5 years experience in comprehensive Industrial Hygiene practice with
- Competency in industrial hygiene monitoring and control including for chemical, noise, heat hazards.
- Competency in carrying out health risk assessment and communication of health risks to relevant stakeholders in a process industry.
- Experience advising management on IH requirement in line with business needs and priorities
- Experience managing hygiene related projects including supervision of hygiene work by contractors
- Good understanding of local legislative requirements on Occupational Health and Safety
- An IOHA accredited certification such as AIHA'S CIH, UK's COH or where applied local China certified IH scheme is preferred.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.