Skills: Financial Audit
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
Plans own work under minimal supervision. Experienced audit professional with a broad knowledge and understanding of audit techniques and interview skills. Individuals in this position are generally responsible for conducting and documenting more complex audit projects. May lead smaller field audit projects. Reports to a Supervisor or Manager. Typically requires a bachelor's degree and 5-8 years of experience in discipline. Professional certification (CPA, CA, CIA, or CISA) is preferred.
Transocean is the leading international provider of offshore contract drilling services for oil and gas wells. The company specializes in technically demanding sectors of the global offshore drilling business with a particular focus on deepwater and harsh environment drilling services and believes that it operates one of the most versatile offshore drilling fleets in the world.
Working at Transocean provides an opportunity unlike anything else. You have the chance to tackle unique problems, expand your expertise and work with bright and passionate people from all over the globe. Not only will you work for a company that offers competitive pay and benefits, you can play an impactful role in our ongoing legacy of innovation. There is simply no other place like Transocean.
The Internal Audit department is currently recruiting a Senior Auditor that will develop their skills and competencies through a rotational program within different functions of the organization. The rotational program provides an opportunity for auditors to explore and align their career aspirations with company requirements through Internal Audit's Advisory Services.
Job Description Responsibilities:
The Senior Auditor reports to a Manager and is generally responsible for executing more complex audit projects. This individual will conduct the following three project phases in support of the department objectives: 1) Planning, 2) Fieldwork, and 3) Reporting. The role of the Senior Auditor in each of these phases will be as the Engagement Lead or working for the Engagement Lead as outlined below:
Planning: The Senior Auditor is responsible for completing various aspects related to planning for the engagement. As the Engagement Lead, the Senior Auditor will assign the areas that the team members will be responsible for completing. In general, Senior Auditors must be capable of completing the following items:
- Generating and analyzing data from Company software and databases related to the entity being reviewed.
- Plan and perform Operational, Financial, Compliance and IT audits requiring understanding and application of audit principles, practices and concepts.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of IT and Financial internal controls, identifying weaknesses, and recommending remediation.
- Conducting interviews with various Company personnel relevant to the area the Senior Auditor is reviewing.
- Use data gathered and interviews conducted to prepare supporting work papers that will need to be presented to the Engagement Lead as part of the formal planning process.
- Performing any steps of the review engagement that may be conducted prior to the beginning of fieldwork.
Fieldwork: The Senior Auditor is responsible for performing various portions of the review.
- Review engagements generally have a written work program that outlines the steps and areas to be reviewed by the Senior Auditor.
- Completion of the work program will entail working closely with the client to gather, discuss, and analyze relevant information to the area under review.
- Document with work papers the steps performed in the work program. Work papers must be of sufficient quality to be reviewed as part of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Preparation of memorandum to management regarding issues identified during the course of the review.
- Review and thoroughly discuss issue memorandum with the client and Engagement Lead.
- Participate in closing meeting with the client and other team members.
Reporting: Senior Auditors, when leading an audit, will prepare an audit report for review by the Engagement Manager.
- Assist in drafting audit issues and general reporting requirements depending on the audit engagement.
Additional Responsibilities: Participate in projects to identify processes in need of improvement and facilitate and participate in improving these processes.
This may involve working with personnel from other departments as a team to:
- Map current business processes if applicable to analyze IT related control processes.
- Measure IT processes through various metrics and identify gaps.
- Analyze metrics and gaps for improvement opportunities.
- Present improvement methods to Senior Management.
- Participate in redesign of IT processes and related business processes.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, IT, or other related disciplines. Knowledge of automated IT audit tools, including data mining/analysis tools (e.g. IDEA or Alteryx) is a plus.
Experience: A minimum of five years of professional experience is preferred. Preference for three to five years of external or internal auditing exposure to clients engaged in business lines similar to those of the Company, with knowledge of accounting, finance, IT, internal control, and enterprise risk management areas. Exposure to an international environment and the travel associated with a multi-national company is preferred.
Certification: CIA, CPA, CISA, CFE, CA or equivalent is required.
Travel: The ability to travel up to 25% of the time internationally to often challenging venues is a must.
Writing: Must be capable of writing and presenting information to the Company's Senior Management.
Supervision: Senior Auditors are expected to be able to provide guidance and mentoring as needed to Auditor and Auditor II positions.
Ingenuity: Must be capable of working with limited direct supervision and should be further capable of sorting through complex issues with a high degree of professional skepticism.
Decision-Making: Demonstrate the capacity for effective decisions and drawing sound conclusions regarding Company processes and procedures.
Interpersonal Skills: Must be able to work with all levels of personnel and management in a professional manner.
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
No matter where in the world Transocean people are working, we are all pioneers at heart. We don’t shrink from challenges. They inspire us. Which is why we’ve been a company of firsts since our inception. Although we come from different countries, cultures and backgrounds, we’re united by our shared pursuit of excellence. We value the different perspectives represented throughout our organization, recognizing that our people are our most valuable asset.
In today’s competitive environment, when Transocean has asked our employees to embrace a performance culture that requires us to constantly seek improvement no matter how productive we are, our team has risen to the occasion. And in fact, they are changing the way we operate. If you are motivated by a work environment that consistently challenges you, one where you can have an impact that is felt on every rig and on the bottom lines of both Transocean and our customers, we encourage you to browse our available positions below and at www.deepwater.com/our-people
Transocean has received reports of unauthorized individuals falsely advertising or promising job opportunities and supporting their claims with forged documents. These individuals ask for money to cover processing fees, visas, work permits, etc. Transocean's hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. We will only contact you if you have applied for employment through our website at: www.deepwater.com, or had contact with one of our local recruiting or field offices. We also have received reports of unauthorized solicitations of business or vendor quotes, which may request pricing and other commercial details. Please do not respond to any requests unless you can verify the origin of the request. Transocean communicates with its vendors using a vendor portal or direct communication with a designated Transocean representative known by vendors. Transocean will never ask you to send banking information by email. If you suspect fraud, we would encourage you to report such activity to your local police authorities.