Skills: Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Carlsbad, New Mexico, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
• Work with both company and contract employees, to install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair of automation and communications systems
• Provide accurate records of changes, modifications, and programming of existing and new installations of PLC, RTU, Lufkin SAM units/POC and SCADA systems, including consistent use of the Management of Change Policy.
• Schedule and perform periodic and preventative maintenance, inspections, and testing of electronic and electrical components by visual inspection, reference to technical manuals, and use of testing equipment. Determine what regular and special maintenance procedures need to be performed, parts requiring replacement, and necessary precautions to keep electronic and electrical components in proper operating condition.
• Maintain accurate documentation of all automation systems.
• Work with SCADA Administrators to ensure compliance of standards set by the Domestic SCADA team.
• Perform all work in accordance with Marathon's HES policies and procedures. Participation in the behavior based safety program (FORC).
• Positively interact with office and field personnel in a manner that creates an atmosphere of creativity, cooperation and attention to the safety of all personnel and the environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Oil and Gas field operations experience preferred; hands on experience with automation devices preferred.
- Electrical license is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Carlsbad || NM || United States (US) || Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Field and Drilling Operations || Not Applicable || || 29963 ||
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.