Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Carlsbad, New Mexico, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Carlsbad-based Mechanic position will interface with Marathon employees, contractor employees, and vendors to optimize maintenance activities in a productive, safe and environmentally sound manner. The goal of the team is for each member to be interchangeable, this role does at times involve supervision of others but, is mostly a stand-alone hands-on position.
• Supervises and directs all contractors and sometimes other maintenance personnel on assigned activities performed in the field.
• Assists in planning and scheduling of all maintenance activities.
• Enforces all MOC safety and administrative policies, procedures, and contract agreements.
• Assists the Maintenance Supervisor to insure project timelines and are met.
• Conducts pre-job analysis for all contractors.• Attends/leads daily meetings with contractors.
• Will participate in on-call duty rotations 24/7• Works with the maintenance project teams on all capital and expense jobs to ensure all jobs will meet the required budget.
• Ensures all jobs are performed in accordance with MOC engineering specifications.• Ensures planned and unplanned maintenance is executed in a cost-effective manner while maintaining and improving equipment reliability and availability.
• Ensures correct materials and tools are utilized and surplus materials are returned to warehouse stock.
• Ensures that work orders are executed and closed out in the allotted time frame within SAP PM software.
• Perform troubleshooting and basic repair of process equipment to include; Separators, heater treaters, dehydration and sweetening equipment, flares, VRU compressors, pumps, flares, tanks, filters, valves, blowers and coolers (this is just a generalized list we repair every type and piece of surface equipment company owned in the Eagle Ford asset).
• Perform PM's on a variety of surface equipment and accurately document findings.
• Able to pass all certifications necessary to work in H2S environment.
• Degree: High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Years Experience Required: Minimum 2 years experience in oilfield Maintenance
• Travel Required: Up to 10%
• Computer Proficiencies: Intermediate PC skills are required in Microsoft desktop suites and SAP PM
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Carlsbad || NM || United States (US) || Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Field and Drilling Operations || Not Applicable || || 29990 ||
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.