Mechanic Tech III1.0 Job Purpose
As a Hydraulic Technician for EnerMech Mechanical Services, you will be expected to inspect hydraulic equipment for defects, such as misalignment, wear, insufficient lubrication, etc. Analyze repair, installation and determine best way of making repairs to minimize interruption.2.0 Relationships InternalExternal
Directly Reports to:
Supervisor, General Foreman, and Line Manager
Close working relationships with:
Additional EnerMech management personnel and employment colleagues
Client representative, Commissioning and Construction Managers
Directly Supervises:3.0 Main Responsibilities & Key Result Areas
- Inspects hydraulic equipment for defects, such as misalignment, wear, insufficient lubrication, etc.
- Analyzes repair, installation and determines best way of making repairs to minimize interruption.
- Dismantles, cleans, repairs, replaces, installs, maintains, assembles and lubricates hydraulic and mechanical equipment.
- Adjusts equipment for proper operating characteristics, making either temporary or permanent repairs.
- Operates machine tools, such as drill press, pipe threading machine, power tools, etc
- Performs pipe fitting, tube fitting, flushing of systems, pressure testing, pump repairs, and other repairs of hydraulic lines as required and fabricates hose assemblies.
- Assembles or align gears, bearings and shafts, involving press, sliding and running fits in hydraulic pumps.
- Changes, sets up and adjusts equipment as required by current operating equipment conditions.
- Designs alterations to existing hydraulic systems.
- Performs minor electrical work required in the servicing, installation and repair of directional valves, solenoids, etcetera.
- Reads, understands hydraulic schematics, drawings, ISOs, P&IDs and makes sketches if necessary for repair or installation work.
- All other tasks assigned by management.
- Works with repair crews in the field
- Purchases part for hydraulic systems
- Performs light welding where required in association with routine/emergency repair or installation.
4.0 Individual Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities
- Observes good housekeeping and safety on job site, hydraulic repair shop and maintenance shop.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety, and the Environment.
- Apply EnerMech Group and where appropriate Client's Health, Safety & Environment Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure that all Quality and operational procedures as identified in EnerMech QA Manuals are adhered to at all times.
- Maintain and embrace ownership of departmental policies and procedures.
6.0 Experience, Competence, Skills & Knowledge
- 5 years of Industrial experience (with Hydraulic repairs, systems and installation) with Journey's Card or 10+ years' experience (with Hydraulic repairs, systems and installation) without Journeyman's Card.
- Flexibility to work a swing shift (including weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.) Incumbent must also have the willingness to successfully work in, and navigate, all areas of hydraulics, both on and offsite and in excessive heat/cold conditions.
- Must have ability to observe and follow all safety regulations.
- Candidate must have strong communication skills; have the ability to work alone and as valued member of the team. Teamwork is our key to success.
- Training and/or background preferred:
- 37 Months in Craft with Journeyman's Card, or
- 48 Months in Craft without Journeyman's Card, or
- 576 Hours of Schooling from an Accredited Educational Institution and 8000 Hours of Trade Experience
7.0 Personal Qualities
- Experience installing, maintaining, testing, & repairing circuit breakers, transformers, switchgear, and similar equipment.
- Capable of trouble shooting distribution and transmission controls circuits
- Knowledge of various equipment manufacturers required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Required for position:
- Strong personal leadership.
- Flexible attitude to working hours and shift patterns in order to get the job done.
- Personal integrity that can be a role model for all other members of staff.