Job Description Shell Lubricants Supply Chain
As the world leading lubricants supplier in eleven consecutive years Shell provides lubricants for the use in diverse industries, e.g. for autmotives, wind turbines, marine vessels and many more in over 100 countries.
Our robust Supply Chain - including sourcing, manufacturing and logistics - consists of 40 Lube Oil Blending Plants (LOBPs), 5 Base Oil Manufacturing Plants (BOMPs) and 10 Grease Manufacturing Plants (GMPs) as well as several distribution centres worldwide. The organization is split into 4 regions: Americas, Asia Pacific & Middle East, China & Hong Kong and Europe & Russia & Africa (ERA).LSC Regional Engineer Europe, Russia and Africa
As Regional Engineer ERA you will be based in the largest LOBP in Europe located in Hamburg, Germany and be responsible for the engineering scope in at least 2 LOBPs/GMPs. As a technical project onsultant for the site management team you can expect approximately 3 short duration trips every 2 months. Your colleageus in the regional engineering team are spread across Europe. For your assigned locations you will be responsible to:
- Proactively manage and assure HSSE, Quality and process safety for growth and asset integrity projects for the operating assets.Provide Technical Assurance on plant specific and regional projects.
- Support the LOBP's and GMP's in development of their maintenance strategies and influence these towards risk-based inspection and reliability centred maintenance.
- Challenge the status-quo and proactively seek opportunities for applying new technology, and encourage improvements in all aspects of engineering and maintenance (standardization , simplification and automation).
- Ensure continuous learning and sharing of best practices through the regional and global engineering teams, Shell networks, industry events etc.
One of today's biggest challenges is to reduce emissions in times of rising demand for energy in all aspects of every day life. As one of the largest suppliers of energy products for private individuals as well as public sectors Shell is actively contributing to providing cleaner energy solutions.
In Germany we employ 3,500 colleagues who work together along the value chain from research and development to manufacturing and distribution of all our products incl. petrochemicals, fuels and lubricants, gas and power as well as an expanding new energies business.
At Shell, we care deeply about fostering a truly diverse workplace by making Shell as appealing and supportive a place to work as possible e.g. with flexible working and transparent pay policies, backed our diversity ambitions. Furthermore, we encourage anyone who may face an impairment to see Shell as a place where you'll be fully supported to grow and develop your career. Just let us know about your circumstances and we can support you throughout the process, if needed.Requirements Your profile
The regional engineer requires a multi-disciplinary skillset. In addition to the typical core engineering disciplines experience in project delivery is essential. Furthermore, we are looking for candidates with:
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in engineering (e.g. Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, PACO)
- Minimum 8 years of experience in (project) engineering and/or maintenance engineering within the downstream industries such as refining or petrochemicals.
- Lubricants and or grease handling, blending and or filling experience would be beneficial.
- Demonstrated ability to work flexible / remotely: results before process; self-starting and responsive with a technical aptitude
- Solid communication and inter disciplinary skills to build strong relationships within the team and the region incl. experience and aptitude toward enabling change and improving work processes.
- Fluency in English and German (spoken and written)
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/ Group companies around the world.
The Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with . Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer.