Skills: Electrical Engineering, Electrical Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Hull, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
This is a great opportunity to work as part of our onshore operational team based at our Dimlington gas terminal, reporting directly to the Support Team leader.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the assurance of electrical and distribution systems including its safe and reliable operation across the terminal. This role involves working in a team of discipline support engineers and graduates to provide day-to-day electrical support to all Perenco SNS operation activity based on site. In addition to this, there will be a responsibility to ensure compliance with company electrical performance standards and HSE legislations.
Working hours are Monday to Friday.
Key responsibilities include
• Ensuring technical integrity, reliability, availability and maintainability of electrical distribution systems are optimised so that production targets can be achieved.
• Manage and support the day to day maintenance of the onshore facilities electrical systems.
• Ensure all equipment in hazardous areas is maintained in accordance with BS EN 60079.
• Support Electrical Maintenance Strategy and ensuring appropriate integrity management of Electrical equipment.
• Promote the use of best technology to increase production efficiency. Manage costs by controlling spending and promoting a challenging cost culture to ensure best value is obtained from suppliers and contractors.
• Understand and manage onshore Electrical modifications/project operations to ensure effective and safe execution of work
• Liaise with Electrical Technical Authority with external bodies such as HSE and internally assisting with incident reports and investigations.
• Ensuring statutory legislation are complied with and complete a minimum of 8 SAS (Site Assurance Survey) audits per year.
• Supporting Electrical related sections of the verification scheme and assisting with anomaly closing out.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of electrical regulations and practices.
Safety & Environmentally Critical Tasks:
There are a number of Safety Critical Tasks that apply to this position & courses including:
CompEx Ex14 Responsible Person with Technical Competence
SUEPEE & Intrinsic Safety or CompEx Full (Ex01 - 04)
18th Edition Wiring Regulations
• Ideally degree qualified within a relevant engineering discipline, or qualified to a minimum of HNC/HND level.
• At least 3 years' experience within the onshore/offshore Oil & Gas industry.
• A strong operational knowledge of the onshore/offshore gas business.
At Perenco we value and reward our people, offering competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including:
• Discretionary Bonus
• Private Medical Insurance
• Flexible Benefit Allowance
• Life Assurance
• Excellent Pension Provision