Working as part of a design team, the Senior Designer produces and checks engineering design deliverables. The Senior Designer is responsible for ensuring that designs meet project requirements.
- Represent PD&MS with Clients, Suppliers / Vendors and Certifying Authorities in a professional manner.
- Identification of design scope of work required to undertake a project/job. Estimation of deliverables time required to execute the scope of work.
- Early identification to the Lead Designer of areas of concern during the course of any project or study with necessary corrective action identified.
- Ensure operational and maintenance issues are addressed in the design. Seeking input from operations and maintenance personnel.
- Surveys, both onshore and offshore, to determine information to allow execution of workscopes.
- Checking of department design deliverables.
- Responsible for ensuring that all supervised personnel are aware of continuous improvement issues and new technology.
- Remain up to date and knowledgeable with technical developments, client, national and international standards and legislative requirements related to the position.
- During surveys/site visits communication with Operations and Maintenance personnel to ensure all requirements are fulfilled and determine any opportunities where PD&MS can provide engineering solutions to existing problems or for improving existing methods.
- Production of cost effective design solutions that are fit for purpose, safe and add value to both PD&MS and the Client and motivation of discipline personnel to do similarly.
- Awareness and understanding of the business drivers within the PD&MS / Client relationship and how these can be influenced by innovative designs and minimum cost solutions.
- Performance of engineering tasks and activities, in accordance with PD&MS QA, HS & E Policies.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable Industry Codes and Standards, HSE Alerts, Statutory Instruments, Client Specifications and Legislative Requirements and establishing order of precedence on a project-by-project basis.
- Demonstration of safe approach in design and working practises.
- Encouragement of attention to safety.
- Responsible for ensuring professional development is maintained and identified competency requirements are undertaken in a timely manner.
- Adherence to the Company Integrated Management System.
- Compliance with quality assurance, health and safety and environmental policies.
- Demonstrate and promote PD&MS QHSE principles.
- Ensure unsafe activities are challenged.
- Adherence to the requirements of the best practice standards recommendations and processes in the undertaking of duties, in particular, risk assessment and control, reliability and failure prevention necessary to ensure the safe design, equipment and systems.
- Demonstrate and promote PD&MS values.
- Raise issues of quality, health, safety and environmental and input to continuous quality improvement element.
- HND in relevant engineering discipline
- HNC in relevant engineering discipline
- Previous demonstrable experience in detailed design
- Experience in design checking
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant oil and gas industry codes and standards
- Understanding of all engineering disciplines
- Highly competent in the use of Autodesk design products
- Good understanding of drilling operations and maintenance activities
- Good understanding of drilling rig equipment and systems
- Survival BOSIET/FOET with CA-EBS
- Exposure to People Management
- Excellent written and spoken English