Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Turnaround Lead Planner, on a 12 month contract basis, location in Aberdeen
The Turnaround Lead Planner has the responsibility for all planning and scheduling deliverables for all TA in his areas. Preparing, optimizing, updating and maintaining the plan/schedule to efficiently execute scope of work including resource optimization, checking availability of materials, completeness of work packs. It also covers breaking down scope into bite size activities for each area; assigning craft resources and durations; developing BOMs; developing work packages, initial entry into the scheduling tool and some initial logic ties by the planner. He/She would then assemble the activities from various areas or blocks, and projects, complete the logic ties, resource level, and ensure the schedule meets the quality checks in the scheduling premise document. The T/A lead Planner coordinates with all company disciplines, operations /maintenance, engineering, procurement and finance during the planning and execution stage and at all stages of the turnaround work processes. During execution he/she drives the schedule of work and reports back progress to Field Coordinators.
Turnaround Planning and Execution: To deliver effective Turnaround planning/scheduling for all TA related activities (Maintenance, Operation, project) including:
- Gathering work packages with detailed information for planning and execution;
- Data entry / import of detail job plans and estimates into scheduling tool.
- Preparing logistics and environmental plans
- Identification, review, and escalation of high-risk activities and communicates key issues and risks to the T/A Coordinator and/or T/A Event Manager.
- Implements T/A Scheduling Premise document with
- Developing and loading schedule logic
- Development and understanding of critical path and near critical path jobs
- Resource leveling for the event
- Sufficient quality and detailed reports for management and supervision to steer the event
- Where this role covers a partial TA event - work together with lead scheduler to optimize the master schedule.
Field Co-ordination: in many cases the planner /scheduler acts as field coordinator during the execution of an event with following responsibilities:
- Update schedule.
- Responsible for schedule quality aspects and completion status;
- Management of turnaround files and records.
- Participates in Lessons Learned and Look back process looking for improvements in terms of planning and scheduling.
- Management of (Scope) Change: Report back on daily schedule and work with Operations, Discipline Engineers and T/A (Block) and Field Coordinators on changes.
- Turnaround KPIs: Report back on daily schedule /activities to support monitor and reporting of T/A KPIs
- Turnaround budgets: Support cost management initiative where applicable.
Dimensions: Responsible for planning and scheduling all activities for turnaround
- Develop all the work plans by coordinating the activities of the work preparers for all discipline including maintenance, operation, projects
- Develop, with the support of T/A scheduler, the integrated schedule by assembling the work plans in the scheduling tool (most preferably Primavera) according the Schedule premises approved by the TEM and the TAC
- Coordination with numerous other disciplines that impact the turnaround: Contracting and procurement, Logistic, Finance, HSSE...
- Expected to be involved in one major T/A at a time, or in multiple T/A of lower complexity.
- Intimately familiar with the turnaround work process
- Experience in planning and executing turnarounds.
- Experience and intermediate skill level in scheduling.
- Strong supervisory skills in managing crafts.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and customer focus.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment and build consensus.
- Good proficiency with SAP (planning tool) and good understanding of scheduling using Primavera or equivalent.