Skills: Maintenance Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
OPERATIONS NORTH FIELD ALPHA
FIELD TECHNICIAN I
Primary Purpose of Job
• Receives work permits, participates in tool box talks and job hazard analysis, evaluates the scope of work to determine the tools, test equipment and spare parts required to carry out the task with minimum supervision.
• Carries out routine maintenance tasks, maintenance programs and specific check lists on all process control instrumentation. Tasks include checking for leaks on impulse lines, cleaning and calibrating field devices like transmitters, transducers, pressure switches, control valves, ESD valves, checking and calibrating control loops and replacing faulty equipment and spare parts.
• Carries out under supervision routine preventive maintenance tasks related to MPGs, Turbo Expanders, Recycle gas compressors, Condensate pumps, ESD systems, Fire & Gas systems and DCS control systems.
• Assists in overhaul of various instruments in the workshop, repairing, checking, replacing and recalibrating equipment. Carries out function checks and calibration checks on equipment and ensures all equipment are working correctly before handing back to production.
• Participates and assists in regular visual inspection of all instrumentation and associated control systems in assigned area, to monitor condition and operation and to locate potential problems
• Carries out under supervision, various maintenance tasks like removing, calibrating, reviewing and reinstalling process control instruments. Uses sophisticated test equipment to fault-find and calibrate process control instruments and refers to manufacturer and company's drawings to trace fault and locate problems.
• Observes all safety and fire rules and regulations, practices good housekeeping and keeps worksite and workshop areas clean and safe. Keeps workshop common tools available and proposes new or substitute tools as and when required. Recommends new common tools that can improve the maintenance service provided to production.
• Carries out other similar or related duties which includes: assisting in the development and implementation of modifications to systems through the installation of modified transmitters, controllers, pressure, level and flow switches and additional control elements; cooperating with vendors or contractors personnel during major shutdowns or maintenance problem solving and ensuring effective utilization and care over the use of specialized materials, tools and equipment. Completes equipment history cards and checks lists and carries out simple calculations and analysis of circuits as requested.
• Completion of Secondary education (12 years) followed by 2 years full time training on industrial instrumentation from a recognized institute.
Experience & Skills
• Entry level technicians with no previous experience on NFA, but having proven competence to carry out maintenance, repair and calibration of a wide range of instrumentation equipment and systems from other organisations or from training center.
• Carries out highly skilled instrumentation work in accordance with specialized craft practice, specific work programme and check lists.
• Updates equipment records sheets. Completes work orders and amends "as built" drawings to incorporate modifications or new installations.
• Responsible for own safety and the safety of his work associates by understanding and acting in accordance with safety procedures in case of alarms and emergency/evacuation situations.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa