User manuals; software installation guides; Standard Operating Procedures (SOP); Service Level Agreements (SLA); Request for Proposal (RFP); legal disclaimers; company documents; annual reports; and Help files.
Role and Responsibilities
- Creates new work instructions ensuring consistent format, required safety information, and technical data are included
- Manages the Procedure Management system
- Collaborate with IT to ensure connection between business systems and to improve reporting systems
- Support team member login/access issues
- Create and update courses/pages/content areas within the system
- Updates operations and maintenance procedures as needed from end user and/or through the MOC process for domestic manufacturing facilities
- Ensures that the most recent version of operating/maintenance procedures are available to the end user
- Maintains Training Manuals and revises as needed
- Completes all required notifications for document change
- Manages revision history
- Ensures approval process prior to document implementation
- Develop and manage an electronic training filing system
- Assist site training team with support as needed
PREFERRED CRITICAL SKILLS
- Excellent writing ability
- Understanding of English grammar rules
- Previous writing experience required
- Electronic database management skills
The hiring manager is looking for a Technical writer to support the management of operating procedures. This person would manage a database of documents and make revisions as requested through the system. We are currently working on a project to move all procedures into the database.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.