Skills: Petroleum Engineering
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Worley are looking to recruit a Completions Engineer for a 2 trip duration offshore.
- Accountable for expediting the safe and timely preparation and execution of the Project Completion work scopes, in adherence with Project HSEQ safety requirements, procedures and practices.
- Accountable for the development and ongoing management of the Completions Database and subsequent completions certification and dossiers
Key aims and objectives
- Effective liaison with any Client / Vendor / Sub-contractor representative.
- Deliver a high standard Completions capability, ensuring a consistent and efficient approach is implemented at all times.
- Implement a continuous improvement philosophy across all Completion activities, delivering best practices at all times.
- Identification of scope of work covering all disciplines: Piping, Mechanical, Instruments, Electrical and Structural.
- Creation of completion dossiers for Mechanical Completion, Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning.
- Generation of ITR's, FTC's, acceptance certification and handover documentation.
- Ensure that all work is to the required standard and that all drawings, specifications, inspections and certifications are strictly adhered to as well as all Company systems of quality assurance.
- Co-ordination with the relevant inspection teams for completion of ITR's, FTC's and acceptance certification
- Inputting of data into the PIMS/CMS database.
- Interface with Project Management and Client representatives on all matters applicable to Completions, providing accurate reporting on status including identification of issues or concerns which may impact Project delivery.
- Liaise with Client representatives to ensure, where applicable / required, Completions data / services are supplied.
- Liaise with Construction / Commissioning teams in the development of Project handover strategy and sequence.
Allied occasional duties
- Offshore visits when required
Key internal interfaces
- Project Management.
- Functional Leaders / Principals.
- Project Engineers.
- Commissioning Team personnel
- Office Support Team.
Key external interfaces
- Client Representatives.
- Control of Work / Operator Representatives.
- Sub-contractor / Vendor Management / Representatives.
Project specific requirements
- The Completions Engineer is required to have an E&I bias to meet the general technical bias of the project but must also be fully conversant and experienced with all completion aspects for all disciplines.
- The position shall report directly to the Finlaggan Commissioning Lead.
Qualifications / Training
- Time served Electrical or Instrument discipline.
- Recognized O&G discipline background.
- Fully conversant with Project Completion Systems with extensive knowledge of Project Commissioning practices and procedures.
- IT Literate (Excel / Word / PowerPoint etc.) with experience in Management Databases.
- Attain 100% compliance for all pre-mobilisation training requirements prior to deployment.
- Attain 100% compliance for all post-mobilisation training requirements within 12 months of contract start.
- Demonstrable experience in similar Completions role.
- Delivery focused with proven experience in achieving Project goals whilst maintaining high standards in HSEQ at all times.
- Extensive knowledge of the Completions process, its implementation and management. Fully conversant with Project management tools.
- Experienced in the production of detailed dossiers for both Mechanical Completion and Commissioning
- Extensive knowledge of O&G related HSEQ safe working practices / procedures.
- Able to interface and interact with Management and Client representatives at all levels.
- Detailed knowledge of the Commissioning process and associated systems
- Personal Qualities, Aptitudes and Skills
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to safety.
- Flexible / able to comply / adapt to Company / Client requirements.
- Delivery focused and committed to achievement of Project / Company goals.
- Able to interact with management / personnel at all levels - committed team player.
- Confident and able to work on own initiative.
- Desire to learn and develop not only self but others within team - good attitude to continuous improvement.
- Able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Able to demonstrate effective and efficient management of processes and personnel.
- Able to demonstrate high level understanding of HSEQ safe working practices / procedures and their implementation
- Able to manage / maintain budget / schedule requirements
- Able to interpret Project procedures and drawings extensive understanding of P&ID's / C&Es, SLD's etc.
- Able to compile accurate data and produce detailed management reports.
- Fully Conversant with Completions management software
- Extensive experience of Completions related activities
Project Specific Requirements:
- Client's chosen software for Finlaggan commissioning is PIMS, previous working knowledge would be preferable