Company: NES Global Talent
Skills: Environmental Engineer, Environmental, Safety & Training
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: CAD700 - CAD750 per hour
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within Canada. Our client, a large Operator company is looking for an Environmental Professional for an 11 month contract role on site. The rotation is 8/6 and flights are from Calgary, Edmonton, Kelowna, and Vancouver.
• Coordinate compliance including monitoring, reporting and auditing under environmental regulations and approvals (AER Directives, AER Approval, EPEA Approval, etc.)
• Actively review and monitor daily/weekly/monthly environmental key performance indicators. Identify opportunities, and help prioritize focus areas for operations to act on improvement initiatives
• Provide advice and support within the operating district on environmental matters while working with field operations/production staff and corporate EHS staff
• 5+ years of environmental operational experience
• 3+ years of O&G upstream/SAGD operations experience is an asset
• University Degree, College Diploma or relevant experience with an Environmental concentration is required
• Experience working with AER and ESRD rules, regulations and directives
• Excellent planning, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated computer competency with Microsoft Office software
• Previous experience working and living in a remote camp environment is an asset
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.