Skills: Environmental Engineer, Environmental, Safety & Training
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for an Environmental Advisor for a permanent position, located in Aberdeen.
As a member of the Environmental Team you will have responsibility for identification and management of environmental risks and compliance, for driving continuous improvement and helping to deliver overall Environmental strategy. You will provide company with support and guidance in compliance to achieve the highest environmental standards and performance. Working alongside the UK business teams, you would be responsible for the ongoing development of a positive environmental culture.
The role would have the following responsibilities
- Provide day to day environmental support and advice to the company
- Ensure asset compliance with all environmental legislation
- Maintain currency and compliance of all environmental permits via the MAT/SAT system
- Maintain compliance with all requirements of ETS
- Reporting: collation of data and preparation of reports to regulators and internally including to KNOC
- Collation of performance data and their reporting via EEMS
- Conducting environmental audits
- Close interface with operational group to identify upcoming environmental issues
- Tracking of environmental incidents via Synergi
- Work with environmental team to develop initiatives to for performance improvement
- Hold a science degree or suitable equivalent
- Complete familiarity with the MAT/SAT system and preparation of permits
- Significant experience with ETS compliance
- Have a good working knowledge and experience in environmental related UK legislation (on and offshore) and industry best practices.
- Previous operator experience preferred
- Environmental management systems,
- Delivery focused with a practical and enthusiastic approach
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Team player with a high degree of self-motivation, problem solving and is goal orientated
- Proactive and pragmatic
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to be organised, plan and demonstrate prioritisation
- Auditing experience and incident investigation skills