Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, United States
3 + Years Experience
|The Insulator is responsible for performing routine maintenance tasks for Special Projects of all aspects of Insulation of Tanks and Piping/ This is a multi-task maintenance position.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
Comply with all guidelines, policies and procedures established by CCI while on shift, on call, or attending training.
Fabricates, installs, and maintains various insulation systems.
Performs fabrication or modification of prefabricated insulation kits for special purposes such as valves, pipe fittings, and rotating equipment.
Perform oil clean-up and be a member of a on call spill response team.
Communicate with team members and perform to CCI work expectations & standards.
Maintain 100% "Compliance Readiness" in all areas or mandatory/regulatory requirements.
Maintain 100% "Safety Standards and Accountability" in all areas or mandatory/regulatory requirements, which include:
1. Compliance with required HSE training.
2. Taking necessary action in relation to stopping the job when behaviors or conditions around you may be unsafe.
3. Reporting and addressing all potential safety concerns/incidents/issues promptly.
4. Facilitating or participating in CCI safety meetings, work safely and maintain a safe work environment as an employee and representative of CCI.
5. Willingly participate and assist in any investigation that may relate to a safety incident.
6. Document and record any injury or near miss incident that may occur while you are working.
Assist with spill clean-up outside assigned location when directed to do so by CCI.
Maintain and demonstrate proficient working knowledge of all response-related equipment, policies, procedures and tactics at all times.
Participate in the CCI active list for spill responders.
Attend and participate in required meetings, training, exercises and drills.
Perform other duties as assigned.
|High School Diploma or Equivalent|
|(3) years of Insulations of Tanks Experience.
Mechanical aptitude and background in regards to bolt up ,rigging and tool usage.
North Slope and/or Petro Chemical facility experience of six months or greater.
Prior Confined Space experience of 1 year or more.
Energy Isolation experience or 1 year or more.
|Job Qualifications Mandatory:
1. Minimum ag 18 years old.
2. High school diploma or equivalent.
3. Valid Driver's License.
4. North Slope Training Card.
5. Ability to work well with others in an environment that includes harsh weather conditions, remote locations and diversified personalities.
6. Ability to clearly speak, writes, read and understands the English language.
1. Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely in small or large job-sites or group type environment.
2. 40 Hour Haz-woper or 8 Hour Haz-woper Refresher certificate.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon:
• Demonstrated ability to perform the physical requirements of this position via the successful completion of a Fitness for Duty Evaluation;
• Negative results in a pre-employment drug test
• Attainment of a North Slope Training Certification (NSTC) Unescorted via completion of modules
This is a North Slope assigned full time position with normal working hours 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., 7 days/week with normal 3 weeks on and 3 weeks off shift with an alternate. All North Slope assigned positions are on-call 24 hours/day while on shift or assigned temporarily to another project. Flexibility regarding hours of work is required as needed to meet demands of the job. Position may be recalled at any time during spill emergencies.
Position may be exposed to extremely hostile weather conditions at times while working outdoors. Arctic PPE is provided.
Position may be working with potentially hazardous materials and wastes.
Dress code is professional commensurate with North Slope practices where applicable.
Hard-toe safety footwear is required at all times while working.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
Physical and technical requirements that meet the standards of CCI. Lifting up to 50lbs, pushing/pulling up to 70lbs, carrying up to 50lbs, shoveling up to 20lbs, frequent walking and standing, occasional keyboard use, sitting, bending, twisting and reaching.