Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, United States
3 + Years Experience
|The Blast and Coating Technician is responsible for preparation of surface to NACE Standards and applying various types of industrial coatings and paints to meet specifications.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
• Comply with all guidelines, policies and procedures established by CCI Industrial Services while on shift, on call or attending training.
• Initiate problem solving and perform repairs on any coating equipment, in a timely manner and within the boundaries of previous training.
• Apply protective coatings to Interior/exterior surfaces of tanks and vessels, FBE coatings on piping and road crossings, polyuria and/or polyurethane to Roofs and Tank exterior.
• Communicate daily status of current projects to Lead Technician to ensure all projects are timely and within company and contractor standards.
• Ability to read product specifications and apply protective coatings to meet specifications
• Prepare surfaces to be coated and painted to NACE standards, including Bristle Blasting and Media Blasting; insulation replacement and repair.
• Construct minor scaffolding or platforms in accordance with federal regulations
• Maintain 100% "Compliance Readiness" in all areas of mandatory/regulatory requirements.
• Maintain 100% "Safety Standards and Accountability" in all areas of mandatory/regulatory requirements, which include:
• Compliance with required HSE training.
• Taking necessary action when behaviors or conditions around you may be unsafe.
• Reporting and addressing all potential safety concerns/incidents/issues promptly.
• Facilitating or participating in CCI Industrial safety meetings; and work safely and maintain a safe work environment as an employee and representative of CCI Industrial.
• Willingly participate and assist in any investigation that may relate to a safety incident.
• Document and record any injury or near miss incident that may occur while you are working.
• Maintain and demonstrate proficient working knowledge of all equipment related to industrial painting and coating, response-related equipment, policies, procedures and tactics at all times.
• Participate in the CCI Industrial Services active list for spill responders.
• Attend and participate in required meetings, training, exercises and drills.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent.
|Familiar with industrial coating applications (spec. work)
3+ years coating experience is desired to include both conventional and airless spray systems.
Basic computer experience, including the ability to take online training, email general reports and use Microsoft Word.
Ability to work well with others in an environment that includes harsh weather conditions, remote locations and diverse personalities.
Ability to clearly speak, writes, read and understands the English language.
Ability to perform job functions while using a respirator (half and full face).
Current physical including respirator fit test and audiogram.
|Current Hazardous Paint Card.
SSPC or equivalent Coatings certification.
40 Hour HAZWOPER or 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher certificate.
Working knowledge of different types of industrial coatings and paints and ability to apply to meet specifications.
Knowledgeable of specific application requirements for different types of coatings, primers and paints; able to use paint application equipment.
Current NSTC card including training in: Blood borne Pathogens, Confined Space Entry, Energy Isolation, Respirator Protection, Hearing Conservation, Fall Protection, Hydrogen Sulfide Awareness, ASH 2006, Smith System Driving, Environmental Management Awareness, Golden Rules/Driving/Safety Awareness, Scaffold Awareness, Decision Pt. Hazard Recognition, Seta Card, Fire Extinguisher, and Benzene/Nitrogen Awareness.
Valid Driver License without restrictions beyond corrective lenses.
• This is a North Slope assigned full time position with normal working hours 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., 7 days/week with normal 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off shift with an alternate. All North Slope assigned positions are on-call 24 hours/day while on shift or assigned temporarily to another project. Flexibility regarding hours of work is required as needed to meet demands of the job. Position may be recalled at any time during spill emergencies.
• Position may involve exposure to extremely hostile weather conditions at times while working outdoors. Arctic PPE is provided.
• Position may involve working with potentially hazardous materials and wastes.
• Dress code is professional commensurate with North Slope practices where applicable.
• Hard-toe safety footwear is required at all times while working.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
Physical and technical requirements that meet the standards of CCI Industrial Services. Lifting up to 50lbs, pushing/pulling up to 70lbs., carrying up to 50lbs., shoveling up to 20lbs., frequent walking and standing, occasional keyboard use, sitting, bending, twisting and reaching.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon:
• Demonstrated ability to perform the physical requirements of this position via the successful completion of a Fitness for Duty Evaluation;
• Negative results in a pre-employment drug test
• Attainment of a North Slope Training Certification (NSTC) Unescorted via completion of modules
CCI will schedule and cover program costs for Fitness for Duty Evaluations, drug tests, and NSTC training for job candidates. Candidates will not be compensated for their personal time spent completing these programs or for costs of previously attending the NSTC training, drug test or FFD evaluation.