The Tax Manager position reports to the Director of Indirect Tax in Chatsworth and Santa Clarita, California. This position will be responsible for sales & use tax, excise tax and property taxes. This position requires experience with handling day-to-day operational indirect tax questions, system implementations and compliance. Good communication skills necessary for interaction with senior level management, operational personnel, vendors and tax authorities. Responsibilities
- Responsible for preparation, documentation, and review of indirect tax returns for the corporate Tax Department, including sales & use tax, property tax, business license tax and managing registrations, etc.
- Assist in preparation of applicable budgets and accruals.
- Insure that reporting procedures and compliance related to indirect tax are complete, accurate and in compliance with legislation, and procedures are well implemented and followed.
- Prioritizing multiple tasks and meet multiple deadlines.
- Manage tax audits as needed. Identify and help develop new audit controls/processes for indirect taxes upon completion of audits.
- Assist in identifying tax audit risks in indirect tax areas and identify opportunities to mitigate risk.
- Assist in assessing potential benefits/risks of transactions contemplated by senior management.
- Assist in managing property tax matters such as compliance, assessments, appeals, hearings, change in ownerships, etc.
- Assist in managing outside consultants and services providers related to indirect tax.
- Assist on all project deliverables related to future indirect tax software/system implementation.
- Assist in preparing presentation material and conducting indirect tax training to corporate personnel in various departments.
- Required B.S. Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Six (6) or more years of experience working on indirect tax matters.
- Upstream oil and gas industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Strong communication, planning and organization skills.
- Ability to multi-task under strict, deadline-oriented and fast-paced working environments.
- Strong outgoing interpersonal skills working collaboratively with other departments.
- Strong technical skills and highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient to advanced skills with Excel.
- Experience using and implementing integrated accounting/finance systems (Oracle) and experience with enterprise resource planning type implementations.
Some understanding of the end-to-end financial accounting and business process flows from integrated financial system
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.