New Iberia, Louisiana, United States
New Iberia, Louisiana, United States
Skills: Maintenance Engineer, Perforation
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: New Iberia, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Under general supervision, performs preventive and corrective maintenance on Logging and Perforating surface and downhole equipment.
- In some cases, works broadly under a General Maintenance Professional L&P to Works directly under a General Maintenance Professional L&P, to implement knowledge and experience in maintaining logging equipment and tools.
- Promotes compliance with health, safety, and environment (HSE) standards, practices, and guidelines.
- Expected to be available to visit field locations when needed to help solve equipment's operation problems.
- Follows up on equipment in repair at external facilities. Communicate with Technical Services when needed.
- Provide training, assessment, and mentorship to less experienced maintenance professionals.
Requirements: Completion of an undergraduate degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering is preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in electromechanical maintenance or a related discipline required.
- Exposure to Electronic Traning and Maintenance
- Requires knowledge of surface systems, open, cased hole tools, PM I, PM II, HMS, Lab/Field testing equipment, and documentation methods
- Promotes and ensures compliance with Health, Safety and Environment (HSE), and Service Quality (SQ) standards, practices and guidelines.
- Completion of required competencies, training, and breakout presentation are required for promotion to the next level.
- Work Schedule: 40 hrs per week, with average 10 hours overtime. On call one week, every 8 weeks
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including Sr. Maintenance Engineer or General Maintenance Engineer - Logging & Perforating
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
719 Hanger Dr, New Iberia, Louisiana, 70560, United States
Requisition Number: 71371
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Wireline and Perforating
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.