Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Godley, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
MANAGER, MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Management of the Mechanical Engineering Group which is responsible for all mechanical engineering projects conducted by Owen Oil Tools. Management responsibilities include project approval, project coordination and assignment of resources to development activities. Work closely with the engineering management team in coordinating development to ensure products developed achieve engineering objectives while supporting company initiatives. Supervise a diverse engineering group conducting various research and development activities to support a broad range of products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Management of mechanical engineering personnel (ranging from entry level staff through senior level personnel) conducting research and development activities within the Owen Oil Tools product lines.
- Coordinate development activities with the Ballistics Engineering and Testing groups to ensure all products meet customer, company and industry safety requirements.
- Approve and plan development activities with cost and time estimates and assign engineering personnel and resources to meet project requirements.
- Coordinate research and development activities while applying technologically advanced innovative solutions to a range of engineering problems. Development activities include conceptual development of new and improved products through production, product release and support.
- Approve and guide the engineering analysis of components and systems to ensure acceptable and approved engineering practices are followed in the development process. Apply American Petroleum Institute (API) Recommended Practices (RP) in the analysis, development and use of products.
- Acquisition of engineering personnel including salary remuneration, performance reviews, coordination of training and career development. Possess a strong sense of self discipline and promote and adhere to professional standards within the engineering department.
- Assist with interdepartmental support including technical problem solving within the manufacturing, quality, safety, and sales departments. Investigate and assign product non conformance's and recommend necessary engineering changes.
- Communicate with senior management to provide guidance and ensure development activities meets the department guidelines and company needs.
- Demonstrate and possess specialized knowledge of products, materials, processes, procedures, and industry practices. Responsible to direct the development of various product lines. Provide supervision and guidance to members of the engineering department. No supervision required to fulfill routine job responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering plus 10 years relevant experience or Graduate level degree (in Mechanical Engineering) plus 7 years experience. Minimum 5 years experience operating a Senior Design Engineer level.
- Candidate must be registered as a Professional Engineer (with the Texas Board of Professional Engineers).
- Training in various design and drafting courses including experience and/or training in the use of computer aided design software and engineering analysis software. Experience and/or training with Microsoft Office, SolidWorks, and Cosmos preferred.
Ability to read, write and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence and memos and technical documentation. Ability to effectively present information in a variety of situations (large groups, small groups as well as one on one) with employees of the organization. Ability to conduct highly technical presentations to intra-company, customers and management.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
The employee may have involvement while the assembly and/or testing of a prototype tool is being conducted. Reasonable physical strength and aptitude may be required to assist with testing activities. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee will be mainly in an office environment with regular exposure to manufacturing and testing facilities containing presses, lathes, mills, etc. The employee will have daily exposure to explosive materials, various metals and chemicals used in the manufacture of oilfield explosives products. There may be occasional exposure to various weather conditions (in the case of field or outdoor testing).
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.