Job Description Purpose
The Facility Engineer will be responsible for providing engineering expertise and collaborate with consultants/specialists and other engineering functions in the assigned major technical support areas. This includes design and project engineering, contracted services, equipment specification and selection, equipment maintenance and the implementation of new technology.Accountability
- Understanding and use of all the D GAME process (Projects Process, Reliability and Integrity Process, Maintenance Execution Process and Asset Information Management Process) in accordance with the Asset Management System.
- Provide engineering expertise and collaborate with consultants/specialists in the assigned major technical support areas.
- Provide advice and support to the Depot Managers for a continuous and sustainable improvement in the areas of engineering and operating practices, in line with Group Policies and local legislation
- Ensure the proper and efficient operation of the Procurement function within the Distribution facilities with respect to the timely and cost-effective procurement of engineering materials, equipment and services for the local organization.
- Where required, represent the operating unit on local industry groups.
- Implement Standardization, planning, and best practice initiatives in line with Global and regional engineering practices, helping distribution in managing the business in the region
- Implement investment, divestment and maintenance activities in depots, insuring the proper integrity of the assets, through fit for purpose allocation.
- Contribute to maintenance related analysis/reports for the depot (i.e. Planned Maintenance, Breakdowns, Maintenance Opex Performance,)
- Preparation of technical, administrative and safety specification for engineering/maintenance/TAS projects.
- Implementation of the terminal Capex Plans and major inspection and maintenance activities
- Support HSSE agenda across the terminals
- Facilities: 2 Shell Terminals
- Responsible for availability of major terminal equipment such as storage tanks and piping/pipelines
- Communicate the integrity, maintenance and project costs, schedules and requirements to their customer (local terminal operations).
- Work closely with and get technical advice and direction from the regional Reliability and Integrity, Maintenance and Projects Lead
Shell has been active in South Africa since 1902. Our main business activities in South Africa include Retail and Commercial Fuels, Lubricants and Oils, Aviation, Marine, Manufacturing and Upstream Exploration. Our head office in South Africa is based in Johannesburg.
Throughout its long association with South Africa, Shell has played an important role in the country, not only as a premier oil company, but also as a committed corporate citizen and change agent.
Our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people form the basis of the Shell General Business Principles.Requirements
- Degree/ in Engineering discipline
- 5-10 years' experience in Electrical, Mechanical or Mechatronics engineering discipline will be expected; with 5 years in the petrochemical industry.
- Excellent Project Management skills and knowledge in Maintenance reliability and Integrity, Atmospheric tank integrity & welding, rotating equipment, design basis, installation & maintenance and Risk assessment
- Project/Programme management skills especially in managing numerous concurrent medium size (projects are essential).
- Familiar with IT solutions (SAP, CAPEX Bay, etc.)
- Candidates should be conversant with API & ASME codes:
- API 653 Tank Inspection, Repair, Alteration, and Reconstruction
- API 2611 Terminal Pipping
- API 570 Terminal Pipping Inspection
- ASME B31.3
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.