Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Raeburn are assisting our client, a leading operations management and energy services provider, with a permanent requirement for a Lead Mechanical Engineer, based in Buchan area of Aberdeenshire.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Lead Mechanical Engineer provides and maintains an in depth technical knowledge of static and rotating mechanical equipment to enable effective maintenance and asset care of installed equipment and components. To ensure all mechanical maintenance is defined and specified in accordance with legal requirements, industry standards and Company procedures.
When required the role holder will deputise for the Engineering Manager.
- Technical accountability for static and rotating mechanical plant and components
- Focal point for Fitness for Service (FFS) assessments and be conversant with PSSR regulations
- Provide first line troubleshooting and problem solving expertise
- Lead equipment failure investigation and provide recommendations to prevent recurrence
- Technically supervise any major intervention (planned maintenance, defect repairs or modification) on mechanical equipment
- Assume proponent engineer responsibility for class 1 and class 2 projects, as delegated by the Engineering Manager
- Representative for contracts, as delegated by the Engineering Manager
- Prepare and control budgets as delegated
- Ensure self and reports are conversant with the Major Accident Hazard (MAH) scenarios identified within the COMAH reportAudit and inspect mechanical maintenance or repair activities on safety critical equipment
- Development and upkeep of the mechanical aspects of the Operational Integrity Assurance & Verification Scheme (OIAVS) to provide COMAH assurance
- Lead behavioural safety initiatives
- Lead process safety initiatives
- Actively audit standards of work and compliance to procedures
- Ensure that SMART objectives are set and effectively manage the appraisal process for direct reports
Only those with the Right to Work in the UK should apply. Raeburn do not have the ability to provide visa sponsorship, therefore current valid ability to work in the UK is required.
Established in 1981, Raeburn has more than 34 years’ experience supporting our clients in the UK and international Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical Industries.
Raeburn is built upon a solid foundation of experience and genuine hands on appreciation of our client’s project and operational developments - from the very first generation of UKCS offshore platforms to onshore refineries, tension leg platforms, pipeline and subsea completions, deep water projects, FPSO developments and de-commissioning projects, Raeburn have effectively supported our clients at all stages of their UKCS and international upstream and downstream projects and operational requirements with qualified and experienced multi-disciplined personnel.
Our combined knowledge of worldwide Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical projects both onshore and offshore, operations and standards, our unmatched professional technical and commercial recruitment experience, pay-rolling services, access to one of the world’s largest Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical specific databases, and our proven experience in the fields of international Visa, Work Permits, Payroll and Taxation management, ensures that Raeburn are best placed to support our clients with their recruitment needs, and provide support and advice on industry related matters.
Raeburn are fully committed to supporting our clients with all their recruitment and on-boarding requirements, and have the scalable structure, experience and dedication to provide a high quality, unrivalled and professional services enhancing efficiency and adding value to our clients’ businesses.
Raeburn have an outstanding track record of delivery for the Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical industry’s major operators, service companies and contractors at all stages of their developments both in the UK and internationally. We are aware of the ever changing recruitment market and the need to ensure we are pro-active in the delivery of recruitment services provided to our clients, specifically in terms of legislation, technology and contractual demands.
Raeburn’s growing success is built upon our knowledge and expertise within the Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical industries delivering the very highest of standards and reliability in sourcing the very best talent available in the market. Raeburn’s management and our teams of dedicated recruitment professionals are committed entirely to delivery and support for our clients now and in the future.