Skills: Business Development
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Business Development Manager for a permanent position, located in Aberdeen
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for developing and managing commercial activities within the Company, ensuring that profitable business growth is accelerated and that commercial success is achieved.
The BDM is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Develop and implement the commercial strategy for the business.
- Identify profitable commercial opportunities to grow revenue and market share.
- Develop, manage and review clients to ensure that their needs are being met, their business is retained and excellent client service is achieved
- Ensure that clients' needs are met and are communicated throughout the business.
- Review and revise pricing structure.
- Submit weekly reports to include clients met, spoken to, likely outcome and success with margin
- Submit management reports at least quarterly or as directed.
- Submit a monthly summary and plan by the 25th of the preceding month to include a travel budget for approval by the Board of Directors.
- Contribute to the short, medium and long-term organisational planning and strategy.
- Develop and distribute marketing and publicity materials
- Maintaining an awareness of external factors which impact the business. Communicating such information and any subsequent changes to the Board of Directors.
- Ensuring that all commercial activities meet or improve on budget, cost, volume and efficiency targets (Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)) in line with business objectives.
- Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasises quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development and high performance
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of company.
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness and health
- Undertaking any other duties which may be requested by the Board of Directors, for which training and/or an explanation has been provided and understood.
- Ability to communicate, present and negotiate
- Ability to think strategically
- Effective planning and control
- Respond professionally and innovatively to meet or exceed the needs of stakeholders and clients
- MS office skills
- Impressive, demonstrable track record and skills/experience gained within a similar position(s).
- Strong leadership skills and experience.
- Credible and confident communicator (written and verbal) at all levels.
- The ability to build strong external relationships to enhance and strengthen the Company's profile.
- Expert negotiating and influencing skills.
- Tenacious and results driven with sound business judgment.
- Highly energised and motivated with a high level of commitment.
- Commercially astute and customer focused.
- Ability to prioritise, demonstrating first class organisational skills and time management skills