Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
FIELD SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
The Field Service Representative works independently and without supervision to manage and implement proppant and chemical tracer services at
oil and gas well sites throughout Western Canada. The Field Service Representative is required to assess well site operations and effectively communicate to customers the work that needs to be done to carry out tracer services, ensuring that the work is performed in a safe and optimal manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicates job objectives, design and possible operation changes with the client.
- Determines the appropriate mix of proppant and chemical tracers required for tracer completion and monitors injection into the "frac" line going into the well.
- Accurately completes all required reports at the conclusion of the job, for example, job site survey, job site summary of operation, inventory of materials used, field receipt, etc.
- Trains clients and flow-back crew on proper sampling procedures (water, oil, gas and/or sand samples)
- The incumbent is required to demonstrate knowledge, responsibility, and authority in the enforcement of appropriate radiation protection rules, standards, and practices on behalf of the licensee.
- Responsible for safe handling and transportation of all assigned radioactive material and equipment.
- Incumbent is responsible for maintaining the company vehicle that is assigned to him, including keeping the interior and exterior of the vehicle clean and regular mechanical maintenance.
- Delivers products and services to customers as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe work environment and minimizing accidents in the work place and on well sites.
- Must be willing to travel and work on weekends.
- The incumbent will be on-call 24/7 and expected to respond to calls within 60 minutes.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or equivalent required. Minimum one year previous oil and gas service experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software preferred. Strong Excel skills will be required to complete job reports and paperwork. Some experience with Access preferred.
- An aptitude for learning new software systems preferred. Incumbents will be required to learn the proprietary STMU (Spectral Tracer Monitoring Unit) software.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret instructional and technical materials relating to procedures and safety; and applicable government regulations.
- Ability to write applicable reports and correspondence clearly.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients and other third parties present on work sites.
- Basic math skills required including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where no supervision and/or limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule formats.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license and a good driving record required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.