Skills: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our core values include integrity and ethics, impartiality, customer focus and safety at work.
Role: Verification Engineer - Class & Flag
Location: Craigshaw Business Park, Aberdeen (with offshore trips)
Looking for a new challenge? If you are passionate about offshore safety and prevention of major accidents, put your experience and knowledge into practice with a varied and rewarding career in Verification with Bureau Veritas.
You could be working with a range of Duty Holders in the North Sea and beyond, helping to ensure compliance, improve safety and prevent major accidents by verifying the suitability and performance of assets and installations, ensuring that maintenance procedures are effective and that the asset continues to meet legislative requirements.
Bureau Veritas is proud of the key role it plays in supporting the continued safety of offshore assets, systems and people in the North Sea and internationally. This is your opportunity to join a world-leading and award winning professional services company in a role that has a tangible impact on offshore safety culture and performance.
- To safely carry out high quality ongoing onshore and offshore examinations and assessments for floating installations such as FPSOs and semi-submersibles
- To conduct surveys, examinations, maintenance/inspection reviews and technical audits both onshore and offshore against Performance Standards, International Standards, legislation and client specifications
- To produce and deliver high quality, clear and concise Technical Reports to clients outlining your findings
- To develop and/or implement Verification Schemes in line with UK legislation
- When required, also supply similar independent Verification services to International Clients to meet national and international codes and standards and/or their own specific requirements
- To act as an advisor to clients and colleagues, providing technical and legislative advice where necessary
- To deliver customer excellence, operating in the professional, friendly and assured manner expected of all client-facing Bureau Veritas engineers
Candidate requirements include:
- Relevant shipping/ class & flag/ marine qualifications
- Class & Flag background within the marine/ shipping/ oil and gas industry
- Ability to work simultaneously for multiple projects and clients involving varied technical challenges
- Awareness of construction, commissioning or operation of Offshore Installations is an advantage
- Awareness of UK Safety Case Legislation, its implementation and interactions is preferred
- Excellent technical report writing skills and the ability to articulate technical information concisely both verbally and in written format
- Able to travel in UK, offshore and internationally to meet our client needs
Personal attributes required:
- Comfortable operating independently with individual responsibility for allocated activities, and as part of a team when needed
- Excellent customer service manner, with strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build lasting relationships with clients
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.