Baytown, Texas, United States
Baytown, Texas, United States
Skills: Piping Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Baytown, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Perform and assist supervision with all duties to conduct hydro-testing works for pipelines. The works consist of cleaning, filling, testing, gauging, dewatering, and drying of pipelines, while complying with operational policies and procedures. Completes and maintains all appropriate paperwork (safety sheets, inspection reports, and hydrostatic testing documentation) performs regular cleaning and maintenance on all testing equipment.
Testing Technician Job Functions:
- Assist other personnel in performing work activities, as directed
- Performs simple maintenance on testing equipment.
- Safely install & remove valves, fittings, and testing instrumentation as directed.
- Maintains work area and other areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Properly use, care for, and maintenance of company tools, equipment and vehicles.
- Perform Technician I levels
- Must have a fundamental understanding of the following services:
- Filling of pipelines
- Pressure testing of pipelines
- Dewatering of pipelines
- Cleaning & Drying of pipelines
- Must be able to demonstrate to safely operate and maintenance the following equipment:
- Fill pumps
- Pressure pumps
- Air compressors
- Must be able to demonstrate how to safely carry out required services activities:
- Properly install launching and receiving traps
- Launch and receive pigs
- Install testing equipment and instrumentation
- Report irregular readings and defective equipment parts to supervision.
- Willingness to learn and gain experience in the technical aspects of all services offered by Strike Testing.
- Perform Technician I & II levels
- Prepare all daily progress reports, technical data reports, data entry per phase of work.
- Must be able to demonstrate fundamental formulas and calculations as it pertains to filling and testing of pipelines
- Must be able to make ready, execute and perform paper work for basic hydro-test
- Lead and direct small work crews
- Technician I - entry level
- Technician II - 1 year working experience in the industry
- Technician III - 2 years working experience in the industry
- Education or experience equivalent to a high school diploma.
- Follow instructions, safely
- Must be able to work independently in a timely manner
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Adaptable to frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Satisfy Technician I competencies
- Identify safe and unsafe work situations
- Proven ability to perform a variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice.
- Satisfy Technician I & II competencies
- Leadership ability, communications skills, interpersonal skills, and good judgement.
- Computer skills
- Tasks require variety of physical activities, generally involving muscular strain, such as walking, standing, stooping, sitting and reaching.
- Frequent lifting up to 25 lbs., occasional lifting up to 50 lbs., and infrequent lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Exposure to construction sites
- Complies with Strike's policies and procedures.
- Complies with Strike's Drug & Alcohol Policy maintaining favorable drug testing results throughout employment.
- Performs job safely with respect to others, property and individual safety.
- Works effectively with others to encourage teamwork and productivity.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
Strike is an equal opportunity employer.