Skills: Operations Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Williston, North Dakota, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of approximately 700 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 26,500 people.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world's current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
The Operations Support Manager is responsible for the oversight, expertise, analysis, and takes actions to improve operations support functions performance. The role is focused on support function activities and processes associated with all operational business lines at the location to include workshop, warehouse, dispatch/logistics and planning/purchasing activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Safety & Compliance
- Responsible to lead and champion all elements of QHSSE for operation support functions.
- Responsible to demonstrate effective Leadership to enhance the organization's commitment and ensure that all location operation support employees are responsible for QHSSE performance.
- Responsible for ensuring that all operation support employees understand and comply with all location facility as well as Global PL standards and procedures.
- Responsible to ensure that OEPS, GPL and location QHSSE requirements are fully implemented and utilized at the base location for operation support functions.
- Actively involved in Root Cause Analysis for all incidents affecting safety and service quality for the location operation support functions.
Vision & Leadership
- Responsible for inputs to the strategic support planning and execution to enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency for all operation support functions.
- Responsible to promote an environment of One Weatherford, built on open two-way communication, empowerment, employee achievement and the use of positive reinforcement and disciplinary action when required for the operation support functions.
- Responsible to maintain an effective, skilled operation support functions structure to meet the needs of the business in the short and longer term, maximizing reliability and quality and minimizing cost exposure.
- Responsible to define the budgetary requirements to include CAPEX planning for the operation support functions at the location base.
- Responsible for operation support functions financial objectives by monitoring and adjustment as needed to support budget and expenditures requirements.
- Responsible to manage material and supply inventory to ensure effective levels of stock and inventories in the warehouse are kept to a minimum while meeting the location operational and support requirements.
- Responsible for the oversight of workshop activities associated with operations and support functions at the base location.
- Responsible for the oversight of the warehouse activities associated with operations and support functions at the base location.
- Responsible for the oversight of the dispatch/logistic activities associated with operations and support functions at the base location.
- Responsible for the oversight of planning/purchasing activities associated with operations and support functions as the base location.
- Responsible for the overall enhancement of service delivery for operation support functions to include evaluation, development, implementation and improvements to support function processes.
- Responsible for general facility requirements for the location to include HVAC, plumbing, electrical, IT security, lifting equipment inspections, etc...
- Responsible for the implementation and monitoring of company enterprise systems associated with operation support functions processes.
- Responsible for the planning of adequate resources such as people, material and equipment and their availability to meet operational support demands.
Client & Communication
- Liaison with the product lines and support function leads to maintain an in-depth knowledge of activity plans to help forecast activity trends to assist in the preparation of support function planning.
- Responsible to work with product line leads to support client relationships, including client location base visits associated with product/service demonstrations.
- Responsible for the management of complaints, grievances and resolution associated with location operation support functions.
- Responsible to regularly analyze and communicate support function Key Performance Indicators to location operations and support function leads.
- Responsible to work with location management to develop a people strategy for all operation support functions aligned to deliver the business strategy, including headcount planning, recruitment, succession management, training/development, and performance management.
- Responsible to lead, guide, evaluate, and develop a team of support function supervisors and employees to ensure that the organization achieves its business objectives and complies with all relevant regulations and laws.
- Essential: Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, or related fields
- 3-5 years oil field work experience with a portfolio to include knowledge of operational support functions.
- Knowledge of financial management as it relates to financial statements and budgeting to include CAPEX planning.
- Experience with project leadership/management with operational support functions.
- Experience with developing/evaluating/implementing operational support function processes.
- Experience with implementation of Management System policies, standards and procedures.
- Experience managing complex timelines and cross functional duties.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program, and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. We may be a large company, but we empower our team to create fresh ideas that challenge convention and break the status quo. Our employees are the key to driving our growth and success. Everywhere we operate, they are inspired to develop new and efficient ways of raising the bar to meet the needs of an evolving industry and solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
At Weatherford, you will work in an exciting, high-energy environment where we are making groundbreaking, award-winning advancements in oilfield technology. The opportunity to explore your potential is limitless.
Visit www.weatherford.com/careers to learn more.
Weatherford is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.