Skills: LNG, Pipeline Operator, Pipeline Services
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Targa is looking for a qualified individual who specializes in DOT gas and hazardous liquid pipeline compliance. Candidate will work daily with pipeline operations personnel located in Targa field offices.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide support to pipeline operations pertaining to 49 CFR 192 & 195
- Conduct internal audits of pipeline compliance activities
- Provide support during pipeline audits by government agencies
- Provide liaison responsibilities between Regulatory Agencies and Company personnel
- Provide training to operations of new or revised pipeline procedures
- Stay current with changes to federal and state DOT regulations
- Provide assistance to operations for records required to demonstrate the DOT requirements
- Support IMP activities on the field level
- Support PAP activities on the field level
- Support OQ activities on the field level
- Provide support during investigations
- Submit required reports to agencies (TDRF, UFO, ect.)
- Performs jurisdictional determinations of various types of oil & gas assets
- Provide guidance on class location studies
- Responsible for evaluating and providing appropriate technical guidance on pipeline compliance issues
- Provide support and guidance to operational assets to prepare them for state and federal regulatory audits and inspections as necessary
- Primary lead in responding to State and Federal regulatory agency pipeline inquiries and notices
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to communicate with many different departments and third party vendors (Operations, Engineering, Construction, Compliance, EHS, Legal, etc.)
- Must have strong understanding of 49 CFR 192 and 49 CFR 195
- Knowledge of regulations regarding H2S operations (TXRRC Rule 36, NMAC 19.15.11, etc.)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify work priorities and function with very little supervision
- Ability to handle complex and highly confidential matters in a mature, professional manner
- Pipeline regulatory support, field operations, control center operations, maintenance, engineering, drafting and/or project management experience is desirable.
- Engineering degree a plus, not required
- Travel up to 50%
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Must be able to walk extended lengths, able to climb steps/ladders, on uneven terrain
- Able to work in all weather conditions(cold, heat, wet)
- Reports to the DOT Field Manager
- Works closely with EHS, Operations, Engineering, Construction and third party vendors.
- Based on experience