The Production Process Safety Leader is responsible for helping the organization achieve improvements by assisting in establishing and maintaining effective, consistent, and sustainable Ensure Safe Production work processes and tools throughout Convent. The Production Process Safety Leader must continually act as an advocate for Ensure Safe Production and must work with Site Process Owners The Production Process Safety Leader must be a leader in change management since Ensure Safe Production impacts all operating and most technical resources throughout Convent. The Production Process Safety Leader is accountable for the overall health of Ensure Safe Production.
- Lead role for continued improvement of the Ensure Safe Production work process. Long-term sustainability of the Ensure Safe Production work process must be accomplished in accordance with site expectations and consistent with global manufacturing requirements.
- Achieve mastery level competence with the Ensure Safe Production work process (extensive on-boarding training will be provided).
- Provide oversight to ensure consistency between different Production Teams, Shift Teams, and Site Process Performers around Ensure Safe Production Initial Setup Studies, Monitor & Control Conditions Activities, Alarm Review Teams, Proactive Monitoring, Abnormal Situation Management, etc.
- Periodically document the completion status of the Ensure Safe Production Improvement Plan, and report internally to the site and externally to the Ensure Safe Production Global Process Owner (GPO) as required.
- Regularly calculate Ensure Safe Production work process metrics and report them internally to the site (including communications with operating department alarm review teams, site production coordination meetings, site leadership team, leadership committee, etc.) and externally to the Ensure Safe Production GPO as required (including reports to Ensure Safe Production Houston, Ensure Safe Production Business Lead, etc.). Assure ownership of Alarm Review Teams and Production Teams in continuing to improve performance against the Ensure Safe Production work process metrics.
- Maintain site-specific Ensure Safe Production documentation (e.g., procedures, policies, roles & responsibilities, etc.), and ensure that they are readily available to site process performers.
- Ensure Safe Production Tactic Owner - Maintain and update the BIP tactic for Ensure Safe Production as needed and when appropriate.
- Participate in regularly scheduled Ensure Safe Production Regional Process Implementation Network (RPIN) meetings, teleconferences, etc.
- Provide an assurance role in tracking, managing and reporting for Ensure Safe Production implementation/improvement projects.
- Continue to integrate Ensure Safe Production and remain actively involved as an Ensure Safe Production technical resource in the site work processes (e.g., MOC technical reviews).
- Provide timely input on performance appraisals for key Ensure Safe Production work process roles and process performers that work for other managers.
- Regularly champion the Ensure Safe Production work process by demonstrating the contribution of the Ensure Safe Production work process to the site's business results.
- Perform regular Ensure Safe Production health checks (formal/informal), field observations, and reviews, and provide constructive feedback and performance highlights to the Process Performer, Shift Team, Production Team, and the Site as a whole as appropriate.
- Maintain an active and robust site Ensure Safe Production Change Management, Communication, and Engagement Plan, including Plant 5-year Ensure Safe Production goals, department/individual Ensure Safe Production performance goals, department Ensure Safe Production scorecards, and synchronized site-wide Ensure Safe Production communication topics
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Associate/ Bachelor's degree holder
- 10+ years in production/ process
- Demonstrated ability to comfortably work with all levels of the organization toward common objectives.
- Solid understanding of operational processes throughout the plant is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others not under their direct control in coordinating cross-department activities.
- Help lead the Site in delivering results through a work process work environment.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.