Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Senior Analyst Commercial Credit, along with the SEEL Credit Manager, acts as the primary European contact within the Global T&S Credit Risk organization for credit risk management & support for Trading and Supply (T&S), supporting Shell Energy Europe (SEE) Gas & Power and Environmental Portfolio, the European Sales offices and other new frontiers. Primary focus will be on credit risk management and trade credit approval, contract negotiations, portfolio credit management, customer interfacing and stakeholder management. This includes meeting and negotiating credit language with customers and execution of credit contractual terms. Direct interaction with T&S traders where quick decisions must be executed balancing risk/reward in decision making to optimize value and control and manage credit risk.
Reports to the Head of Global Credit Risk Gas & Power, with strong direct oversight by Credit Manager SEEL, ensuring credit risk decisions are executed in accordance with T&S Risk Management risk appetite. Role has heavy interaction with mid and senior commercial and finance stakeholders where difficult decisions are carried out. Drive people development and best practice knowledge sharing throughout the Global Credit Risk organization.
- Act as a primary day-to-day interface within the Global T&S Credit Risk organization with commercial, financial, legal, contract admin and treasury stakeholders with respect to the execution of the deals/trades in carrying out credit risk strategies for assigned portfolio within the European Trading Portfolio.
- Act as backup for Credit Manager SEEL for Gas, Power and Emissions Credit Risk oversight
- Offering world-class risk management techniques and insights to the business to enable the best possible risk / reward decision to be reached, including developing new strategies or techniques for optimization.
- Ensure all commercial activities entered into by the above portfolio of STn entities remain in compliance with the approved global Shell T&S Credit Policy
- Work closely with the Analytics team to drive improvements in reporting and/or processes in delivering reporting and MI
- Manage relationships with customers and relevant institutions and organizations such as International Energy Credit Association, contributing where practical
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
- Skill in quantifying and mitigating credit risk (including an understanding of letters of credit, negotiation of energy industry contract clauses, credit insurance, structured credit and debt recovery)
- Strong engagement skills with both internal and external customers
- Proven analytical skills in assessing financials and translating balance sheet, P&L and cash-flow data into a recommended credit line and risk rating (expected default %)
- Prefer 5+ years credit risk management or contracts experience in a 1st class large global organization
- Solid academic background, with recognized professional finance, accounting and/or credit experience, specifically in Trading Credit Mitigation, Credit Negotiations, Contract Negotiations and/or Credit Support highly desired.
- Understanding, especially the ability to balance speed, cost benefit and long-term relationship management.
- Prior relationship management and/or sales support helpful, but not required
- Proven credibility with senior business and finance stakeholders, including the ability to present credit mitigation strategies for specific counterparties and sectors in the broader context of STn priorities
- Remain open to different perspectives and be able to switch priorities at short notice
- Experience in working in a global organization and in a virtual working environment
- Experience in working with systems
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video