Skills: Project Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of this position is to plan, direct and coordinate activities of single or multiple projects to ensure that goals and objectives of project are safely accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters and the customer receives a quality product or service which meets or exceeds all of the customer requirements.
- Assist in system configuration and costing of the system and components during the bid stage.
- Set up and monitors project budget.
- Assist customer in preparation of design and specifications.
- Conduct presentations and assists with sales and marketing activities.
- Coordinates the activities of project engineers and designers to develop preliminary sketches, calculations, drawings in the development of quotation preparation.
- Maintain customer communication from conception and sales through the design, manufacture, testing and shipping of products.
- Prepare, review and approve quality plans and technical procedures.
- Review project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Establish work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Confer with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Conduct and attends meetings.
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modiy schedules or plans as required.
- Review and approve all detail designs, calculations, drawings, specifications, and all documents related to meeting customer specifications.
- Direct preparation of, review and approve as-built data books.
- Generate purchase requisitions and review and approve supplier invoices.
- Prepare project reports, forecast, variance explanations and other technical and financial reports for management, client, or others.
- Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Review and approve project invoices and resolve accounts receivable issues with customer.
- Validate and verify all project hardware.
- Work closely with other personnel for technical details of projects.
- Travel domestically and overseas as needed.
- Maintain training requirements as directed by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Program Manager, EMEA
- BS in Engineering, and/or extensive industry experience
- Related experience and/or training
- Experience in Pneumatic, Hydraulic and Electrical Logic
- Must hold/maintain a valid passport and be able to obtain visas for international travel
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to learn and navigate in PeopleSoft or similar enterprise management software, AutoCAD®, SolidWorks, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Offshore / oilfield operational experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to determine and meet customer needs.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of others.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.