Skills: Project Management, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
To allocate activities and resources in accordance with Oceaneering's organisation / procedures, work-scope requirements, budgets and plans. Review evaluate progress and ways of improving the work of the projects.
- Main Focal point for delivery of all aspects of designated contracts
- Manage day-to-day operational requirements of the contracts
- Work closely with client and teams to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the assigned contracts
- Ensure Oceaneering provide sufficient competent personnel to deliver the service and assign responsibilities
- Ensure such personnel work within their competency responsibilities and areas of scope
- Develop and maintain project management plans with the client and project team to ensure that all project activities are adequately scheduled
- Responsible for the correct identification and prioritisation of areas of work and resource demands in association with teams
- Coordinate and facilitate delivery of project objectives; track progress and review project tasks to ensure deadlines are met appropriately
- Assist in development and agreement of Key Performance Indicators, and ensure that agreed data and actions necessary to deliver are provided.
- Assist in creation of annual budget(s) , proposals and CTRs as required. Conclude monthly reports and DSO's.
- Responsible for the commercial control of contracts as defined in the contract agreement under workscope, including management and monitoring of agreed scopes within agreed budgets
- Facilitate the development and continuous improvement of the integrity process between Oceaneering and the client within and across various assets
- Manage Client communications and reporting as required, ensuring that business and HSE risk implications on integrity issues are clearly identified and appropriately assessed for consideration within the Oceaneering Senior Management Team
- Support regular HSE audits and assessment of the service as planned, monitor and review any impact of changes in standards and legislation for designated projects
- Attend management meetings I visits throughout various contracts
- Responsible for the integrated activity plans including monitoring gate compliance performance
- Carry out appraisals and personal development plans for all team members
- WO generation and scope building within contracts including forecasting
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
- Assist with any other duties as and when required including contractual items
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment
- Comply and promote HSE culture including the population of monthly trackers and carry out audits
- Adhere to OISL life saving rules at all times
- Collate all assets / contract timesheets and prepare billing trackers on a monthly basis
- Liaise with commercial billing department for month end invoicing.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum 4 years experience of effectively leading project teams
- Minimum 3 years within oil and gas Integrity Management/Inspection
- Experience in financial control and budgets
- Must be familiar with QA / QC systems and procedures, service quality and customer satisfaction
- Ability to supervise and lead project teams of multi discipline professionals
- Ability to generate a team approach to problem solving
- Ability to work independently in challenging circumstances and use initiative to propose and implement changes to work practices
- Ability to solve problems by applying sound reasoning
- Ability to write accurate and concise reports
- Ability to communicate effectively
Degree qualified in an engineering or business related discipline, (preferably incorporated status if engineering or tertiary qualification if from a business discipline)
APM: Project Management
Note: lesser qualifications may be accepted provided exceptional experience in project management can be demonstrated.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.