Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of this position is to handle all aspects of a project, as needed, to include customer interface, modeling, detail drawings, analysis, documentation, assembly support, and testing
- Perform conceptual design work and engineering analysis
- Write and review technical proposals and specifications
- Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications
- Create complete design packages with BOM
- Perform product testing onshore and offshore, write testing procedures, and build specialized testing equipment
- Interface with customers and project managers
- Provide engineering status and progress reports
- Provide technical support on service line developed products
- Occasionally travels offshore or overseas
- Other duties as assigned
- This position has nosupervisory responsibilities
- Reports to the Engineering Lead
- May take direction from Sr. Engineers
- BSc. Engineering
- Industry related engineering experience
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Solidworks, AutoCad and MS Project
- Pneumatic, hydraulic, and electro-hydraulic surface and subsea controls, FEA and material specifications experience
- Experience with ROV and/or Subsea equipment design and engineering
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.