Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 13 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- The integration of software modules (especially 3D visualization) into a common platform for different product workflows for the characterization of complex multi-scale rocks.
- The implementation and verification of methods and algorithms for image processing and segmentation of complex multi-scale rocks.
- The implementation and verification of methods for the visualization of digital rocks as needed by the product workflows.
- Working under broad direction, is recognized as a technical expert.
- Provides direction for the Technical Software Architecture.
- Serves as a corporate resource, providing technical direction and advice to management in long-range planning for new or projected areas of software application.
- Design, research, and develop new applications and major enhancements.
- Provides expert guidance to developers and support staff.
- Provide a strong technical focus in product planning for a complete software system.
- Participates with management, product line, and customers in developing new applications and technologies.
- As a gatekeeper of the technology, this individual communicates and educates the staff about the current state of the technology and the future directions.
- Experience in leading software development projects especially at a systems level and will provide Technical Excellence Leadership.
- Establish and maintain communications with external technology efforts such as industry and academic consortia.
- Job role contributes directly to value creation.
The Expertise we are looking for:
- Scientific and Application Software Development
- Algorithm Optimization
- 2D/3D Signal/Image Processing and Reconstruction
- Parallel Computing
- Maching Learning
- Computer Languages (if possible all of them): C/C++/C#, Java, Python, Matlab, IDL, and SQL.
- Database (one or more): PostgreSQL, SqlServer, Microsoft Access, and SQLite.
- Tools (importance in decreasing order): VTK, QT, ITK, Boost, MPI, OpenMP, CUDA, OpenGL, OpenCV, TFS, and CMAKE.
- Deep knowledge in using object oriented programming language (C++/QT, C#, Java…) is required. C++/QT/VTK is preferable because that's the basis of the existing code.
- Skills typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or similar discipline, and 13 years of related experience or through 17 years of software development experience.
- Completion of a masters in Computer Science or similar discipline is preferred. Masters in STEM, can be straight from the university if PHD.
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will recieve consideration for higherl-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience and skills, a varitey of job opportunities might be available.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E. , Houston , Texas , 77032 , United States
Requisition Number: 75350
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Wireline and Perforating
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.