Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
As part of the Geophysics group under the Exploration and Reservoir Solutions Technical Business Line this role is responsible for the management of components of the Assisted Seismic Interpretation software product family. Primary responsibility is the life cycle management of assigned products including the successful commercialization of products as well as aiding in the development of new ones. Areas of focus for this role include the use of seismic attributes to aid in seismic interpretation and the latest technologies for automated fault interpretation and extraction.
- In coordination with R&D, prepares the overall business strategy, investment model, vision and scope of the products.
- Assists sales and operations in the rollout, training and success of their products and provides technical content as needed.
- Establishes partnerships and relationships with internal and external customers, third parties and industry thought leaders.
- Accountable to bring in funded development when appropriate, identify new product and business opportunities and identify industry and competitor changes that may require new strategies or revisions of the business plan.
- Responsible for the packaging, pricing and marketing of said product families.
- Job role has budgetary accountabilities and directly impacts a revenue center's viability or its quality of service via personal contributions.
- Participates in industry associations, organizations and consortiums, including attending events and contributing to publications.
- Undergraduate degree in Geophysics or related field of study.
- Completion of a graduate degree in Geophysics and or an MBA is preferred.
- Fundamental understating of Data Science concepts and how they are relevant to seismic processing and interpretation.
- 7+ years of experience in oil and gas.
- Familiar with software development methodologies such as agile/scrum.
- Proficient with seismic interpretation packages such as DecisionSpace Geosciences or equivalent.
- Familiar with modern software commercialization or other business models.
- Familiar with design thinking methodologies or equivalent.
- Familiar with Python, MATLAB, Jupyter Notebooks or other equivalent Data Science tools
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills. Ability to articulate a problem and translate it into a written report
- Proactively research oriented.
- Strong organization and project management skills. The ability to manage multiple projects, following through from start to completion with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in multicultural environments.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and /or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available Product Manager up to a Mgr, Sr. Product.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N Sam Houston Pkwy E, Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 72234
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Landmark Software & Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.