Skills: Research & Development
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Duncan, Oklahoma, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
R &D Test Engineer - Surface Equipment
Halliburton's Reliability engineering team is focused on reducing the overall TCO on specialized well servicing equipment. Test engineers are responsible for validating functionality and integrity of components, sub systems and over all equipment performance against Halliburton's stringent design standards. Test engineers work closely with design teams throughout the life cycle project, this includes conception through commercialization of a product.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Working with design teams to identify key metrics to verify/validate internal designs
- Writing detailed test procedures
- Plan and execute tests on materials, components, and sub-assemblies either in the lab or outdoors
- Debugging test setups and troubleshoots tools and equipment
- Setting up and operating data acquisition systems including temperature, shock & vibration, and accelerator test systems
- Operating controls systems and interpreting various types of data
- Documenting test procedures, data, observations, and results
- Evaluating test data to compare components performance against design standards
- Communicating test results to design engineering teams and provide design recommendations based on evaluation of test data
Qualifications and Skills include:
- Skills acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline
- Minimum educational requirement of a master's degree and zero years' experience or bachelor's degree and two or more years' related experience
Other skills include:
- Works effectively as a team member as well as individually in a highly collaborative environment
- Communicate clearly and efficiently to provide innovative solutions
- Excellent problem solving skills, and critical mindset
- Ability to read both electrical and mechanical engineering drawings
- Understanding of data acquisition systems including temperature, shock & vibration, and accelerator test systems
- Understanding of controls systems, and experience reading and interpreting various types of data
- Ability to objectively review data and communicate results in written test reports
- Ability to troubleshoot both electrical and mechanical systems
- Takes the initiative to go beyond what situations require and focuses on attention to detail by making sure that work is done correctly, completely, and to the highest standards
- ASNT Certification preferred, but not required
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
2600 South 2nd St , Duncan , Oklahoma , 73533 , United States
Requisition Number: 74271
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Production Enhancement
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.