Skills: Umbilicals, Risers and Flowlines
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Senior Engineer - Analysis position provides engineering and technical support for the Company's fleet operations, new build programs, modification projects, upgrade projects and marketing support. This support includes analysis, design, and developing solutions for subsea systems including mechanical, hydraulic, and structural systems. The opportunity is a 1st principles based engineering position. Professional report generation, understanding of Industry Codes and Standards, and regulations applicable to offshore drilling vessels is required. Usually there are no direct reports as this is an individual contributor position, however, the incumbent may find themselves appointed to be the leader of an ad hoc team to solve a particular problem.
Significant prior experience performing subsea systems design and analysis. Minimum of 10 years engineering experience within the offshore drilling industry preferably with 3-4 years experience with semi-submersibles/drill-ships covering the full range of subsea systems related to offshore deepwater drilling rigs. Strong working knowledge of off riser system design philosophies including deepwater drilling riser design, operation, and analysis. Specific knowledge of riser analysis, fatigue analysis, drift-off analysis, FEA, and CFD methodology is strongly preferred.
Education, Training, Licenses and/or Certifications
A Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering or an equivalent discipline required. An advanced degree and/or professional licensure are a plus.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform site specific detailed riser, weak point, fatigue, drift-off, hang-off, and riser run & retrieval analyses
• Analyze various types of fluid flows
• Prepare summary and detailed reports on findings
• Prepare general arrangement, block diagrams, and other drawings
• Ensure compliance with Ensco Guidelines, Industry Standards, and others as required on all projects
• Analyze equipment failures
• Perform feasibility studies for Ensco projects
• Conduct detailed design reviews
• Provide technical support to Operations, Capital Projects, Marketing and other Company departments as required
• Assist in development of equipment specifications and other guidelines
• Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Minimum Requirements for this position
• Working knowledge of applicable engineering applications software such as ANSYS, DeepRiser, STARIS, and FLUENT
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project software suites
• Ability to gather and analyze/synthesize data, confirming its accuracy and adequacy as an integral part of the collective analysis/synthesis process
• Demonstrated effective leadership and influencing skills and practices
• Physically capable of being transported to an offshore rig by boat or helicopter
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel at an advanced level (use financial and logical functions; work with multiple worksheets and workbooks; edit and use macros; import and export information)
• Working knowledge of document control systems and databases
• Familiarity with applicable API Codes and Standards is required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Ensco plc brings energy to the world as a global provider of offshore drilling services to the petroleum industry. For more than 27 years, the company has focused on operating safely and going beyond customer expectations. We are the industry leader in customer satisfaction, ranking first for five consecutive years with top honors for 2014 in 10 of 16 categories in an independent industry survey.
Operating one of the world’s newest ultra-deepwater fleets and largest fleets of premium jackups, Ensco has a major presence in the most strategic offshore basins across six continents.
Operating across six continents, our high-quality fleet (existing and under construction) includes 11 drillships, 11 dynamically-positioned semisubmersibles, 3 moored semisubmersibles and 43 premium jackups. In addition, we provide drilling management for 5 customer-owned deepwater rigs. Our rigs have drilled some of the most complex wells in virtually every major offshore basin around the globe.
Our customers are multinational integrated energy companies, national oil companies and independent operators. With safety and operational excellence as our highest priorities, our skilled employees consistently exceed customer expectations, using our proven Safe Systems of Work.
We manage our operations through five regional business units:
- North and South America (excluding Brazil), based in Houston;
- Brazil, based in Macaé;
- Europe and the Mediterranean, based in Aberdeen;
- Middle East and Africa, based in Dubai; and
- Asia and Pacific Rim, based in Singapore.
Ensco is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.