Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: HR - General
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
• Partner with the HR Director to implement company-wide programs and initiatives for the assigned division(s), to include but not limited to, salary and compensation review, Performance Management Process (PMP), Workforce Planning, and Training & Development.
• The HRBP collaborates with the HR Director on various HR matters by providing both strategic and technical expertise and advice within the company.
• The HRBP will partner with the HR Director to communicate trends, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
• Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness and compliance within the organization
• Works closely with Divisional leaders to manage performance related issues, provide coaching on improvement plans, and review/administer annual merit increases.
• Collaborate with business leaders to solve complex organizational challenges, with a focus on developing and executing strategies to help retain, develop, and compensate talent
• Works closely with HR Director to establish regular reporting and analytics that drives process improvement across the business
• Conduct full investigation of employee relations matters and provide next steps and recommendations for resolution
• Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
• Act as internal consultant and liaison to employees providing coaching and advise on a range of organizational and change issues as well as day-to-day HR related issues
• Provides employee relations expertise ensuring compliance to company practices and state and federal employment law
• Interprets policies and provide counsel and guidance to managers and employees concerning work related issues
• Coordinates with outside legal counsel regarding employment and immigration cases as needed
• Work with outside consultant team to gather information necessary for annual EEO1 filing
• Work with outside consultant to coordinate and assist with administration of Affirmative Action Plans
• Assist the HR Director as needed with other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
• Experience in handling a broad range of employee relations matters
• Proven strategic thinker skilled at solving complex business problems
• Exercises judgement and possesses keen attention to detail
• Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing, organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates
• Excellent relationship building skills and the ability to partner with various levels of employees, to include upper level management
• Excellent communicator with positive strong influence skills and ability to build trusting relationships/partnerships
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work as a team member, to include flexibility with changing priorities based on multiple tasks and the business need
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills (Power Point, Excel, Work, etc.)
Educational and Professional Requirements
• Bachelors' Degree in Human Resources or related business field, and minimum of 4-6 years of related work experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Preferred Experience in all aspects of the human resource management specifically with organization development in a company of similar or larger size with multi-site, multi-state and multi-functional operations
• Preferred knowledge or experience with merger and acquisitions
• Previous experience with HR Management Systems (i.e. Success Factors, SAP)
• Previous experience with ADP Payroll system
• Professional Certification: PHR or SPHR (preferred)
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.