Job Description Purpose and Accountabilities:
- To contribute to the delivery and maintenance of standard, consistent and realistic risk management plan, system, and registers for project and portfolios. Accountabilities can be summarized as follows:
- Establish and maintain risk management system: Sound understanding of and ability to apply both qualitative and quantitative Risk Management theories, tools and techniques. Identify appropriate responsible parties for risk ownerships and allocate register entries. Structure risk management system and encourage team to populate.
- Facilitate and implement risk management plans utilizing Company's risk management standards.
- Maintain and manage risk registers with the aid of Company's portfolio risk management tool.
- Interface with project team members to discuss and challenge risk status and close out references.
- Plan and perform probabilistic Cost & Schedule Risk analysis. Collaborate with planner to build project schedule model and cost models, map Technical, Economic, Commercial, Organization and Political risks to appropriate model elements and quantify the impacts to duration/cost ranges. Assess and establish appropriate probability distributions for each element.
- Interpret and explain the Cost Schedule & Risk Analysis output including recommendations to manage risks. Develop presentation material to explain the results and key cost and schedule risk areas to Project Leadership and Review teams.
- Develop overview reports on a project and/or portfolio basis outlining the status of risk/opportunity for management.
- Facilitate decision analysis when needed to support risk management.
- Commercial mindset to guide project teams in development of effective response actions and perform cost benefit analysis of project risk response strategies
- Provide tool and process training. Enable user training and establish/implement the process for regular status reviews.
- Participate and contribute to the Risk Management Network. Support functional developments to drive towards improved risk management and a digital workplace.
Shell has been a partner in Oman's remarkable development and progress over the last several decades. In Shell, we have been providing pioneering technologies and expertise in the energy industry and creating value for the community of which we have long proudly been a part of.Requirements Skills and requirements:
- Engineering, math, science, statistics or similar Degree preferred. Minimum of 3-5 years industry experience in project delivery, risk, estimating or planning positions.
- Proficiency in risk register tools, Primavera Risk Analysis (@Risk) or Crystal Ball, Palisades Decision Suite, Acumen suite.
- The individual shall have and be able to demonstrate strong facilitation skills and the ability to influence an audience with factual basis underpinning arguments. He/she should have the ability to understand oil, gas, new energy individual project scopes and business objectives to facilitate effective risk management with a commercial mindset to deliver on project objectives.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.