Skills: Safety Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Doha, Doha, Qatar
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Scope of Work
This position is situated under the HSEQ department
The job owner will be:
- Accountable in association to the soundness of the solutions and recommendations proposed on safety engineering and technological risk assessment for facilities technical integrity assurance.
- Responsible for establishing safety engineering and technological risk assessment specifications and guidelines.
- Responsible for delivering safety engineering and loss prevention assistance to Operations, Drilling and Engineering and Construction divisions.
- Promote "design technical integrity" as part of "Process Safety Culture" within the organization.
- Responsible for planning and conducting hazard identifications studies including HAZOPS, safety and technological risk assessment studies and ALARP demonstration associated with operating assets, projects and modifications (management of change process).
- Responsible of preparing Major risk register of all offshore locations and update once every five years or whenever the installation undergo major modifications.
- Participate in defining safety concept of new projects and modifications. Prepare as-built safety concept document of offshore facilities based on the functional specifications.
- Participate in safety engineering reviews associated with conceptual studies, engineering studies and modifications.
- Review safety engineering dispensation / derogation requests with respect to NOC/International standards
- Prepare scope of work for all safety engineering studies including technological risk assessments studies.
- Lead in Safety engineering workshops (HAZID/ HAZOP/ SIL/ ALARP demonstration).
- Develop and maintain technological risk assessment and Major Risk Registers of all operating sites
- Track actions plan associated with safety engineering / risk assessment studies and prepare monthly performance reporting of action implementation.
- Maintain NOCs referential for safety engineering discipline
- Prepare scope of work of risk assessment and safety engineering (scope of work, assumptions and methodology) for other entities (engineering and projects, conceptual studies).
- Perform consequence modelling studies using PHAST.
- Perform safety engineering studies, including:
- Flare & Vent Study.
- Hazardous Area Classification to IP15 and API RP 500/505.
- Preparation of Safety Concept Documents (as-built and new).
- Perform safety system design specifications Passive Fire Protection, Fire & Gas Detection, Firewater Design, Escape Route, Safety Equipment Layouts, Equipment specification (e.g. Fire-fighting, Lifesaving, Lifeboat)
- Provide safety engineering support to "Management of Change" process including performing HAZID, HAZOP, and risk assessment studies to demonstrate ALARP.
- Perform periodic offshore inspection visits in relation to the design of offshore modifications and tie-in of new facilities.
- Participate in process safety audits as required.
- Continuously in touch with advancement in the field of major risk management (emerging regulations, industry best practices)
Engineering Degree or Masters.
Minimum 10 years general upstream oil and gas experience; 8 years Safety Engineering experience in design of offshore oil and gas facilities. Familiar with safety engineering industry standards, Codes and guidelines.
- Conversant with usual business suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access databases).
- Familiarity with in house tools: SYNERGI
- Risk Assessment tools and database: PHAST, OREDA, WOAD,CFD
- Team working
- Rigor and critical sense, open-minded, keen to knowledge sharing.
- Leadership and strong listening / communication skills.
- Involve frequent offshore visits
Fluency in English mandatory