Skills: IT - Software Development
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This position is for Buenos Aires Argentina only
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Data Management Consultant located in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
HIGH LEVEL JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE:
The successful candidate for this position will benefit from broad exposure to a multiple Business Partners across the globe and collaborate with Projects providing Data Management solutions, working with BPs from applications and coordinate efforts across different teams for deployment of solutions. The selected person will acquire/strengthen his/her knowledge in the data management space, allowing the business to manage the information across its lifecycle and make better decisions.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Participate on projects (e.g.: Cloud migrations), providing solution design recommendations reflecting an enterprise, strategic view and fit of the solution with established reference enterprise architectures.
- Directly interface with Business Units to understand Data Management requirements and advise accordingly.
- Drive change and help business functions maximizing the value they are getting out of the Data Management platforms in use.
- Provide consultancy to data management platforms (SQL, Oracle) and technologies (Azure, PowerBI Gateways, etc.).
- Identify automation opportunities to help driving efficiencies and manage team workload.
- Information Systems or related degree, completed or in progress.
- Technical background:
- IT experience with a high-level background in databases solutions.
- Cloud experience is preferred as well as scripting/programming languages. Microsoft Azure, Ansible, Analytics skills are highly considered.
- Understanding of IT systems and integration (e.g.: infrastructure, applications, development, networks, operating systems, etc.).
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (SAFe. Scrum)
- Communicate in a clear, concise and understandable manner across all levels of a culturally and geographically diverse environment. Intermediate/Advance English skills.
- Experience facilitating meetings with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders. Goals are to ensure meeting objectives are met, issues are captured, and a concise record is created.
- Needs to listen carefully, and ask clarifying questions to understand the views, concerns and comments of others.
- Team Player. Good at collaborating and sharing knowledge/best practices across locations.
- Ability to translate technical information in business terms and capabilities, and vice versa.
- Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Willingly take ownership of deliverables, and follow through to completion.
- Proactive. Able to recognize/communicate/implement automations/efficiencies across his assignments and current team activities.
This position is for Buenos Aires Argentina only
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.