Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, Budget / Cost Control
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Singapore, Singapore
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Category Specialist (Information Technology) located in DUO Tower, Singapore through May 29, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
All interested applicants, please read the Data Privacy Notice before submitting application.
The Category Specialist is responsible for managing regional Information Technology procurement category with sub-categories such as Network Asset, Infrastructure & Operations Services, End user solutions, Information risk & security management and Cyber security. The role will require close collaboration and positive relationship building with management, ITC business stakeholders primarily in Europe, local Procurement team across various business unit and external vendors to deliver key strategies for sustainable growth. The role will also support businesses for any new/ ongoing regional/ enterprise IT or digital initiatives
The ideal candidate thinks strategically and is collaborative but also works with significant autonomy; a strong leader who can drive category strategies and has proven track record of managing multiple initiatives and driving them to completion to meet business objectives; communicates effectively and strong ability to influence business stakeholders and suppliers at all levels and have a high level of professionalism, customer focus and business judgement.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Plans, coordinates and develops category and contracting plans
- Develops procurement strategies to execute sustainable cost savings for the business using strategic sourcing and category management processes and ensure that strategic sourcing principles are consistently used to drive best practices
- Develops mechanism and metrics to hold suppliers accountable for performance and delivery
- Tracks and reports savings results and supplier performance information
- Monitors market conditions that impact the categories within the marketplace
- Works collaboratively as a business partner to explore and implement any cost savings and/or efficiency management opportunities and supplier relationships
- Leads sourcing events, contract management, performance reporting and management of non-contracted spend
- Apply should cost and market analysis methodology when applicable
- Drives compliance to Procurement policies and procedures
- Provide functional guidance on Procurement processes and controls.
- Works closely with stakeholders to ensure the procurement strategy is aligned with Business Plan objectives
- Acts as a procurement advisor providing category guidance and implementation of global & regional initiatives at a localized level and provide functional guidance to business stakeholders when required
- Supports and assist the rollout/implementation of strategies, processes, standards and guidelines including Supplier qualifications, set up and coordinating Ariba contracting process
- Coordinates with internal stakeholders on legal, risk management, information security and tax related issues
- Provides strategic and business alignment direction to local procurement team on category, sourcing and contracting strategies, negotiation and supplier management
- Regular engagement with stakeholders to review project plans and ensure the quality of the service delivery and suppliers' performance
- Identifies opportunities with the business partners to drive improvements in processes, efficiencies, costs and controls
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology related fields or Supply Chain Management
- At least 5 years' experience in regional Procurement/ Supply Chain. Knowledge in IT and Professional services is a plus
- Experience in category planning, contract management, supplier management and possess strong negotiation skills
- Experience in developing/applying total cost ownership (TCO), Should Cost Modeling and other category management techniques in strategic sourcing
- Good team player and strong drive for performance and results
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills with proven ability to interface and influence at various level within both Chevron and the Suppliers organizations
- Strong influencing, analytical and project management skills
- Able to travel regionally
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Selected candidate will work in the Singapore under the local payroll system and benefits.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.