Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Support the financial analysis and data analytics, as well as broad based project management support for all global benefits initiatives, as needed.
- Data Warehouse analytics
- Implementation of new partner, Benefit Science Technologies (BST)
- Development of FMR & Premium reports
- Development of custom reporting for Halliburton
- Retirement plan calculations and compliance support for US and international retirement plans as needed (i.e. 401k Basic Contribution Analysis, 401k Non Discrimination Testing, US DC plan audit support)
- Ad hoc auditing of internal payroll records to confirm that employee and employer contributions are in compliance with
- Cost benefit analysis for new initiatives
- Medical projections / IBNR review
- Drafting internal documentation that supports decisions made and documents the corresponding approvals, to ensure relevant parties are aware of the financial impact of proposed changes to benefits programs and authorize / support the recommendations
- Collaborate with broader team & all adjacent departments to ensure seamless coordination (and timely communications) of all global benefits initiatives, both tactically and strategically. Departments must include but are not limited to Global Benefits, Benefits Accounting, Trust Investments, HR, HRIS, Legal, HR M&A, Supply Chain, and FP&A).
- Support broader Global Benefits team with all initiatives resulting from HR M&A activity as they arise. Examples include DC/DB plan termination efforts (US and International), manual processing of incoming participants into Company retirement plans, special enrollment window, etc.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and streamline processes as needed.
- Build productive relationships with all members of the account management teams at vendor partners (whether consultants, TPA's or insurers) and work collaboratively to address issues as they arise; reviewing SLA's; managing the bi-weekly status meetings; ensuring invoices are processed in line with contractual terms and keeping track of and resolving service related issues as they arise.
- Undergraduate degree in human resources management, business administration, or a similar discipline.
- 4 years of experience in employee benefits design, analysis, and compliance and PPACA.
- SAP familiarity and/or additional systems experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills.
- Data analytics experience with a third-party data warehouse strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in a consulting firm; retirement strongly preferred.
- Actuarial experience.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 74999
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Human Resources
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.