Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The Automation COE is Looking for You
Halliburton invites qualified candidates to apply for a position with the Automation Center of Excellence (COE) in Houston, Texas. Candidates with interests and background in control systems theory, robotics, mechatronics, dynamic modeling, or data analytics and machine learning are encouraged to apply. This position provides an opportunity to participate in a strategic research and development program shaping the industry's future technology. By solving challenging technical problems you can have a rapid impact on a commercial market with significant revenue. Successful candidates are expected to perform original and relevant research and development to expand the group's expertise and technology portfolio. The Automation COE at Halliburton encourages a culture of continued learning, inventing, and innovating by bringing together a diverse group of top notch engineers and researchers. The group has a track record of developing advanced control and smart systems that are used to produce value around the world every day. Our goal is to continuously grow the group's core research expertise in the area of control, robotics, dynamic modeling, filtering, data analytics, and machine learning to build advanced automation and control technologies and maximize the value of data to ensure the long-term success of Halliburton.
- Conducting research and development in modeling, control, and data analytics for solving challenging problems in the oil & gas industry
- Contributing to the identification of high value problems and opportunities
- Participating in control system design, control system prototyping, and implementation
- Design smart systems to augment complex tasks
- Collaborating with team members and providing necessary support for technology transfer
- Publishing results in patent applications, technical journals, and conferences
Required Education and Skills
- Experience and strong interest in solving practical problems, from invention to implementation in the field
- An excellent publication and patent record consistent with experience.
- Extensive knowledge in control theory, such as modern control, adaptive control, robust control, nonlinear control, optimal control, Model Predictive Control, etc., with outstanding ability to identify the proper control method for solving practical control problems and, when necessary, to develop new control methods, and/or
- Extensive knowledge and practical experience in the application of Data Analytics including machine learning techniques such as SVM, Neuro Network, Bayes network, Genetic Algorithms, etc., preferably with control applications, and/or
- Knowledge of robotic systems with high DoF control, path planning, mechatronics, dynamic modeling of complex systems
- Demonstrated teamwork, strong communication skills, and collaborative in complex engineering projects.
- Skills acquired through the completion of a degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline. Minimum educational requirement of a master's degree and zero years' experience or bachelor's degree and two or more years' related experience.
- Strongly Preferred MS or PhD from Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with a focus on Control Theory and Applications, Robotics, Mechatronics, Machine Learning, or Data Analytics.
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E. , Houston , Texas , 77032 , United States
Requisition Number: 73863
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Sperry Drilling Svcs
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.