Our client is currently seeking a Project Specialist for a 1 year contract position in Calgary Alberta. Project Specialist Responsibilities
- On behalf of the Area Leads, organize the development, management, and close out of the annual maintenance budget for assigned Operating Areas.
- Track and report on a regular basis the annual maintenance capital portfolio project planning and execution status and key metrics (projects execution, schedule, monthly and quarterly cost forecasts, etc.)
- Meet with the PMs on a regular basis to ensure monthly project prioritizations are done correctly and projects cash flow forecast is accurate.
- Continuously ensure the portfolios remain populated with the right projects for execution
- Manage key portfolio performance indicators.
- Implement controls to monitor spending and execute mitigation actions as required.
- Ensure the Maintenance Projects teams are adhering to the Capital Program and Project Management Program processes and procedures.
- Coordinate with Maintenance Projects departmental managers and Supply Chain manager to ensure the proper resourcing of projects in the portfolios.
- Act as a single point of communication and interface with all relevant stakeholders
- Lead stakeholders to determine opportunities for cost reductions and drive optimization in existing infrastructure, while strictly adhering to the Operating Areas risk mitigation strategies.
- University Degree in Engineering
- Professional Engineering (example: P.Eng.) or Project Management Professional (PMP) designation
- 5 years' experience in sustaining projects, maintenance projects or industrial operations
- 10 years' experience in progressive management of industrial projects
- Valid Driver's license
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.