The B Tester Trainee will be expected to perform laboratory tests as directed and to report the test results data to customers inside the site. They will be trained to provide surveillance, care and operation of laboratory equipment with special emphasis on the HS&E requirements for laboratory operations within the site. In addition, the role may include such laboratory administrative tasks as sample management and equipment consumables management.
?The typical duties of the B-Tester include, but are not limited to:
- Adhere to HS&E policies and execute HS&E training plans.
- Train and qualify on all test methods in area / job rotation
- Properly execute test methods in a timely manner.
- Report accurate and timely data using data entry and reporting tools.
- Use and track SQC program to prevent release of out-of-control data.
- Track and monitor all instruments to confirm they are within proper SQC control.
- Report and help investigate out-of-control SQC incidents.
- Write safe work permits for inside the Laboratory buildings and surrounding area.
- Conduct proactive HS&E activities for awareness.
- Perform basic routine instrument maintenance and calibration
- Know how to shut down and restart equipment in emergency situations.
- Contact appropriate personnel to assist with instrument problems.
- Communicate with operations on off-spec results or atypical samples.
- Test, validate conformation to specifications and release product tank finals to Oil Movements.
- Use the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) for data entry and sample handling.
- Prioritize work load for timely release of data
- Take ownership of personal training needs and maintain required qualifications.
- Participate in laboratory sample retain management as assigned.
- Participate in Job Safety Analysis on new lab work processes.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without the requirement of a work visa
Must be at least 18 years old
?Must have High School Diploma or equivalent; Laboratory work experience desirable.
?Skills in the following areas are preferred: Effective communication with team(s) and site customers, respect for others per the Corporate Diversity and Inclusiveness standards, willing to be trained to understand the role within all HS&E requirements, expected to do basic problem solving specific to QC roles and tasks, basic computer literacy as well as the ability to use QM LIMS and PC applications, understanding of QC instrumentation and equipment.
?This position requires a passing score on the Laboratory Tester Qualification Exam in order to be considered for this position. Details regarding testing will be provided during the application process.
To attend to emergencies, successful candidates must reside within 90 minutes of the site, or be willing to relocate to within 90 minutes of the site without relocation assistance
Willing to work a rotating shift work schedule Willing to work overtime, holidays, nights, and weekends
Willing to meet call-out standards to respond to site responsibilities and emergencies Possess a current, valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the United States
Must currently hold or be able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/twic/index.shtm
Possess or are you able to obtain Hazardous Materials certification As a part of the pre-employment selection process, candidates are required to submit to and receive satisfactory results from all pre-employment background, drug, medical, and reference checks, including hair drug testing.
Willing to support the company's drug-free work environment, which will include random drug screenings
Willing to support and comply with the company's harassment-free work environment policy
Willing to support and comply with the company's safety policies and initiatives
Willing to support and comply with the company's diversity and inclusion work environment policies
Willing to attend and achieve satisfactory results on pre-employment testing.Disclaimer
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.