Skills: Operations Management, Instrument & Controls Engineer, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Odessa, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further.... We are probing for individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and are ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
• Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advance drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
• Nabors Drilling Solutions is an oil and gas service company and a division of Nabors Drilling Technologies USA, Inc. With offices in Alaska, North Dakota, North East, Wyoming, East/South/and West Texas, we are positioned to service both the North American and International marketplaces. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Operations Manager.
We are seeking a highly organized, efficient leader with a background in instrumentation or related field service organizations. This position will oversee the field service instrumentation team in West Texas, ensuring that high levels of customer satisfaction and employee engagement are maintained. The role will be directly responsible for management of P&L functions in their area, and will work closely with the Nabors sales organization.
• Establish & manage standards for instrumentation field operations
• Ensure that an acceptable level of field support is sustained for NDS instrumentation systems
• Manage the career development (goal setting, coaching, evaluation methodologies) of field personnel
• Evaluate Nabors existing data application solutions against market demands in district & provide feedback to inform the technology roadmap
• Manage field instrumentation costs against budget
• Identify areas of opportunity to save non-productive time, downtime, maintenance or other misc. costs
• Complete and approve administrative paperwork related to direct reports
• Manage projects as needed, set goals and completion timelines
• Document processes, definitions and initiatives as needed using Visio, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Meet with customers to support sales cycle, report on performance, and to maintain positive customer relationships
• Evaluate business opportunities consistent with the Corporate and Business development strategies of the Company
• Supports the sales process including price tendering, contract, and customer satisfaction.
• Support cross product sales strategies/ customer contacts.
• Develop and expand NDS West Texas market shares per approved plans and budgets
• Bachelor's Degree in related engineering discipline or in business management
• 8 years' experience in related role
• Ability to manage a project from conception to execution
• Must live in or be willing to relocate to Odessa/Midland region
• Knowledge of data visualization and aggregation systems
• Strong managerial skills
• Proven interpersonal skills, ability to work productively and professionally with any level of business and with technical resources
• Bachelor's Degree in engineering discipline
• 10+ years oil & gas industry experience supporting field service or remote troubleshooting
• 5+ years' experience managing oil & gas field service operations, especially in instrumentation systems.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Position will require occasional travel (10%)
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.